The authorities in charge of the management of the Bagre Dam have indicated that water in the dam will soon be spilled.
This has been necessitated by the daily increasing level of the Dam.
A statement dated August 31, 2022 issued by the Upper West Region branch of the National Desaster Management Organisation (NADMO) said “In view of this alert, NADMO UPPER WEST wishes to announce for the information of the general public to take precautionary measures in respect of this alert by moving to higher grounds and avoid carrying out activities closer to river courses.
Citing information from SONABEL, managers of the dam, NADMO explained that, “the spillage is pertinent due to the increasing level of the Dam. As at Wednesday 31st August, 2022, the upstream level of the Dam was 234.88m as against the maximum spillage level of 235m. The information further indicates that the water level of the Dam is increasing swiftly and the spill gate can be opened anytime soon.”
The flood alert by NADMO Upper West is therefore, “to inform the general public, especially communities along the Black Volta and tributaries of the White Volta to guard against any hazard that has the tendency to result in flood disaster.”
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- ECG disconnects Energy Ministry over debt
- No one can unseat me as Tamale South MP – Haruna Iddrisu
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- Tonto steps down, Funke Akindele loses, Desmond Elliot wins – 7 celebrities in Nigeria’s 2023 election
- Rupert Murdoch set to marry for fifth time at 92
- US aid worker and French journalist kidnapped in Niger released
- Bruce Willis’s wife speaks of her grief at his dementia on his 68th birthday
- What chicken feet tell us about daily life in Egypt
- ECG mass disconnection: Dial “*226# to verify staff that come to your house – Managing Director
- Road Toll returns soon: Should e-Levy stay or go?
- Dismiss hangers-on appointees at Presidency – Asiedu Nketia tells Akufo-Addo
- There is nothing wrong with exploiting natural resources, depletion is the problem – Dr Krugu
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- ECG undertakes massive disconnection exercise to recover GH₵5.7 bn debt
- I’ll win VGMA Best Rap Performance award again – Lyrical Joe
- Gas-filled tanker removed from Duampompo on Accra-Kumasi highway after JoyNews report
- Rave reviews greet Nana Fynn’s book “My Home, My Hell: Should I stay or should I go?”
- Residents of Krofrom benefit from free health screening