The National Democratic Congress has given singer of the popular gospel song “Borborliborbor”, Evangelist I.K Aning, a Honda Accord.
This comes after the singer had called on the party to compensate him for adopting part of his song to create a version for former president John Mahama.
The new version was played to climax the party’s, 9th Delegates’ Congress in Accra which saw the election of new party leaders for the next four years.
Video: The NDC version of the Borborliborbor song
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Friday, Evangelist I.K Aning said he requested the party give him compensation that can aid him in his ministry.
He debunked rumours that the party had given him money alongside the car.
He explained to Andy Dosty, he felt the money would not help him in the long term.
Evangelist I.K Aning also addressed rumours he gave the song to the party.
“I am not a politician. I haven’t given my song to any political party. They adopted the song for their campaign,” he said in Twi.
According to I.K Aning, he was not happy the party had recreated their version of his song for their campaign without consulting him.
He said the party’s actions violate copyright laws and hence had to compensate him for it.
The song has been nominated for the Gospel Song of the Year and the Popular Song of the Year categories of the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Video: Original version of Borborliborbor sang by Evangelist IK Aning
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
Jobberman Ghana stirs initiative to enable SMEs hire the right way
‘Securing NDC’s Future’ forum alien to party executives – Peter Otokunor
Chief Justice set to establish tax court to help GRA prosecute defaulters
Ghanaian women stranded in Saudi Arabia call on Akufo-Addo for help
Gyakie’s ‘Forever’ at number 3 on Billboard Top Triller Chart
Mary Elizabeth Van Dyck
NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
New cocoa management system to promote transparency
Thirteen drown as vehicle plunges into canal in Philippines
GNC complies with EPA directives to stop pollution of Tano River
Industries are killing water bodies in Greater Accra – Kpone Mantse
Vanessa Bryant shares intimate wedding picture to mark 20th anniversary with Kobe Bryant
Fire engulfs Mampong College of Education administration block
Corruption in Ghana a reality that must be addressed – Prof. Adei
Hollard Life launches ‘MeBanbɔ’ to provide insurance for underserved