The National Organiser of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Henry Nana Boakye (Nana B) has chastised the National Democratic Congress (NDC) over its parliamentary leadership reshuffle.
According to him, the reasons the NDC has given for the reshuffling have been defeated considering their replacements.
He said Ajumako-Anyan-Essiam MP, Dr Cassiel Ato Forson, can attest to the fact that he is no match to Tamale South MP, Haruna Iddrisu, when it comes to political experience and competence demonstrated over the years.
The NDC Chairman, Johnson Asiedu Nketia, in justifying the reshuffle said it forms part of the reorganisation process to help the party capture political power during the 2024 elections.
Touching on the timing of the party’s decision and its intended effect, Mr Nketia stressed that the timing is in line with plans to fully prepare the party for the race ahead.
On what informed this new leadership reshuffle, Mr Nketia said as the days of the elections get closer, the debates on the floor of Parliament will change to issues on the economy, infrastructure and energy, hence it is important they [NDC] put the best in those fields to properly argue their stance.
But reacting to the development on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen, Nana B asserted the reasons were lame and grossly untenable.
In his view, Ato Forson as the Ranking Member on the Finance Committee was doing an excellent job and nobody was jostling for the position with him.
He said he therefore believes Ato Forson could have served the purpose the NDC is seeking going into the 2024 election without a reshuffle.
“Ato Forson is the loudest voice we hear on the Minority side on economic issues, even Haruna allows him to address press conferences on the economy. Nobody has taken his position from him and has over the years been given the opportunity to talk and freely express himself so what is the basis for the reason Asiedu Nketia gave?” he quizzed.
Nana B further stated: “If they are considering someone who can steer economic affairs, then they should endorse Dr Kwabena Duffuor as flagbearer. He has been a Finance Minister and governor and therefore fit for purpose.”
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- My wife got to know she was pregnant after robbery attack – Akesse Brempong
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Ambulance case: State abusing its prosecutorial powers – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- Kylian Mbappe replaces Hugo Lloris as France national team captain
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars hold first training at Baba Yara Stadium [Photos]
- Alpha Beta Christian College wins 2nd Inter-School Girls Debate Championship
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: We’re not protecting any sitting MP – Sammy Gyamfi
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- MFWA to hold national-level forum on misinformation, peace and democratic consolidation today
- MFWA builds capacity of journalists in fact-checking
- We have developed key interventions to safeguard clients pension funds- Enterprise Trustees
- ECG building dockets on those who have stolen power – Samuel Mahama
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training