Audio By Carbonatix
Ghanaian boxer, Braimah Kamako, popularly known as 'Bukom Banku', has reiterated his support for John Mahama, ahead of the NDC's upcoming primaries.
According to him, the former president is the most competent candidate to lead the party and recapture power in the 2024 general election.
Speaking to JoyNews' Paa Kwesi Schandorf ahead of the contest, he asked the two other contenders, Dr Kwabena Duffuor and Kojo Bonsu to back off and allow Mahama to contest unopposed.
This he said will enhance the chances of the NDC in its quest to rescue power from the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP).
"If the party doesn't vote on Saturday, a lot of money will be wasted ... People know Mahama in Ghana. Mahama is a former president.
"Mahama knows the the routes of Ghana. He is contesting for the last time, so those of you coming back, leave Mahama to go. If he loses, he has lost", he said.
The boxer continued, "Ghanaians want Mahama to come and do better things, because citizens are tired in the nation. So Mahama is coming and you want to challenge him, I don't understand.
"Kojo Bonsu, you were a mayor. You haven't done anything for Ghana. Kwabena Duffuor, you're also a good man in the NDC, but you must 'resign'".
The comments by the boxer adds to the widespread support being enjoyed by the former president ahead of the elections.
Meanwhile, another injunction has been filed by another party member seeking to halt the process.
This was after former Finance Minister, Dr Kwabena Duffuor, withdrew his application for an injunction, earlier on Friday.
Following these developments, there is now growing uncertainties surrounding the upcoming primaries, with some party supporters expressing frustrations about the process.
The party is however set to hold a press conference later this afternoon on the developments surrounding the exercise.

Latest Stories
-
Jasikan midwives deliver baby at roadside
9 minutes -
Police arrest 14 suspected narcotic plant farmers at Daliga
19 minutes -
Call off strike, give us one month to resolve payment issues – Education Minister appeals to GAUA
2 hours -
Cagliari’s Trepy in intensive care after pool incident
2 hours -
Chelsea co-owners Boehly & Walter explore selling stakes
2 hours -
GAUA to consult members after talks with Haruna Iddrisu as strike continues
2 hours -
Man Utd will reject any bid for Fernandes
2 hours -
Guardiola-Walker fallout revealed in new documentary
2 hours -
NDC’s interest aligns with the Constitution – Srem-Sai defends push for speedy trials
3 hours -
Man City move for £85m Bouaddi and still want Fernandez
3 hours -
Rodri lands in Barcelona to complete ‘dream’ move
3 hours -
Being fast doesn’t mean perverting justice – Srem-Sai challenges critics to prove manipulation
3 hours -
Lawyers can’t decide how cases run – Srem-Sai fires back in vacation court row
4 hours -
Aksa case should ordinarily be handled by OSP, not EOCO – Manhyia South MP
4 hours -
Norway’s king admitted to hospital and put on sick leave
4 hours