A church in Edgewater, Florida, is begging for forgiveness after posting a message that some ― well, most ― people interpreted as being sexual in nature.
Last week, the Bella Vista Baptist Church posted a message on an outdoor sign that read, “Forgiveness is swallowing when you want to spit.”
An Instagram user who goes by the name Catherine306098 posted a photo of the sign with the comment, “I think someone is a little mad at their wife.”
Although the message could be considered an oral sex innuendo, church officials insist they meant nothing vulgar.
Representatives of the church told Orlando TV station WKMG the sign was “completely innocent” and was “intended as encouragement to forgive.”
The church removed the message and told the station, “We apologize if anyone was offended.”
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- 2019 budget: Finance minster's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder
- Protest erupts over terrible Hohoe roads
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng
- Unilever launches livelihood empowerment project for women in Upper West
- Demo in Nsuta after truck driver kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped
- Private sector jobs hits 208,620 in 2018
- Gov't to provide seed money for National Cathedral - Ofori-Atta
- 2019 Budget: 50-yr 'dead' rail sector will be alive next year - Finance Minister