One person is believed to be trapped under a trailer full of cement at Anloga junction in the Ashanti Regional capital, Kumasi.
At least two others are in critical condition after the trailer veered off the Anloga intersection into some structures close by. The trailer is also believed to have suffered a brake failure.
The two have been rushed to the hospital as residents, as well as personnel from the Fire Service and Road Safety, make strenuous attempts to rescue the trapped victim.
But for a recent demolition exercise which reduced the congestion in the area, the accident would have been even more disastrous, eyewitnesses have said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- IDEG, CFI and CDD want Short Commission time extended
- NPA inaugurates taskforce to fight fuel smuggling
- New Anloga District inaugurated despite heavy downpour
- Police chief rejects subordinate's sidelining claims in bloody by-election
- SHS student in court over ¢5 robbery at knifepoint
- Yara Ghana opens new fertiliser terminal and blending facility
- There was no election taskforce for bloody by-election - Police Commander
- Menzgold demo as clients hope against all hope to retrieve investments
- 32 communities in Ofoase Ayirebi constituency get electricity
- Jumia rewards three lucky couples in its ‘Jumia Loves You’ Promo
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, February 18, 2019
- Ashanti Region: Queen mothers consider re-introducing puberty rites to fight teenage pregnancy
- Chief of Staff promises support for ‘special schools’
- Cape Coast: Basic school heads appeal for gov't assistance
- ‘We are not alone’ Police tweet video of strange light emerging from thunderstorm