One person is believed to be trapped under a trailer full of cement at Anloga junction in the Ashanti Regional capital, Kumasi.
At least two others are in critical condition after the trailer veered off the Anloga intersection into some structures close by. The trailer is also believed to have suffered a brake failure.
The two have been rushed to the hospital as residents, as well as personnel from the Fire Service and Road Safety, make strenuous attempts to rescue the trapped victim.
But for a recent demolition exercise which reduced the congestion in the area, the accident would have been even more disastrous, eyewitnesses have said.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years
- 2019 Budget: Finance Minister's 'completed recreational park' at Oda
- 1998 year group of APASS refurbishes school dining hall
- Photo of the week: The Bawumia reminder
- Protest erupts over terrible Hohoe roads
- Public universities deliberately crippling private ones - Prof. Adow Obeng
- Unilever launches livelihood empowerment project for women in Upper West
- Demo in Nsuta after truck driver kills teenager
- Joy News' presenters help free 'arrested' RTI coalition member
- MTN Heroes of Change season 5 launched
- Kweku Adoboli welcomed home with 'family party'
- Couple who can’t smile because of rare condition fall in love after meeting online
- 35% tax on 10k income earners scrapped