This is the moment a drunk driver tried to dance his way out of a DUI arrest.
Christopher Larson, 33, was confronted by a police deputy in Holiday, Florida who found him sleeping behind the wheel of his running truck with his foot on the brake.
Larson appears to bust out some fancy dance moves to evade arrest – but needless to say, the deputy was not impressed.
According to police, Larson was found to have had a .28 blood alcohol content (BAC), which is triple the legal limit in Florida, which is .08.
When the officer found Larson asleep behind the wheel, he knocked on the window and shouted for some time before he finally woke up, according to Fox 13.
At that time, Larson seemed disorientated and waved to the police officer, the arrest report says. When Larson got out of his truck, he did not realize that it was still running and it began to roll forward.
The officer was able to jump in just in time to stop it from hitting a gate it was idling in front of.
The deputy administered a field sobriety test and asked Larson to complete some simple tasks to demonstrate his motor control – but instead Larson busted a couple moves.
‘This gentleman started to not take it seriously. He started dancing and while some citizens may find that funny, we don’t at the sheriff’s office.
When asked to walk a straight line, Larson begins side-stepping and bouncing in the manner of a man who is unaware he is about to be taken to jail.
The deputy asks Larson if he is ‘complete with the exercise,’ but he just mumbles and continues his shuffle.
He was eventually arrested and told the deputy that he thought he was in Clearwater, Florida – not Holiday.
Larson later spoke with Fox 13 and said he would not call what he in the video dancing and would not comment on the arrest.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Manhyia widows praise Opoku-Prempeh
- Luxury car owners, others to protest tax
- This company will confess to your crush if you’re too shy to do it yourself
- Karen Halm hosts students to celebrate Day of Women and Girls in Science
- Kasapreko and partners commission 400KWp solar plant
- EOCO, Police destroy unwholesome turkey at Kpone landfill site
- Police Commander was 'sidelined' in bloody by-election in his district
- Used ladies underwear, pads, hot cakes for money rituals
- NPA to collaborate with Navy to fight fuel smugglers
- Court punishes ICGC, Cross Road Ministries branches, over excessive noise-making
- EC received no briefing from police on operational plans – Jean Mensa reveals
- Short Commission’s day one sitting has given hope – Aning
- Akufo-Addo’s Lancing College recruits Ghanaian students
- New board of ECOWAS Brown Card scheme promises improved service
- Meet Maxwell: 23-year-od successful mango farmer