The National Identification Authority in the Northern Region has received 51,000 printed cards ready for distribution.
According to the Authority, those who registered for the Ghana Card from April 2022 to January 2023 but were not given their cards should visit the offices the registration was done.
A press statement signed by the Regional Director Bashir Justice Yakubu charged residents to visit their various district offices from 5th April, 2023 for verification and collection of their cards.
The Northern Regional Director said the authority currently has 31,000 unclaimed cards and urged the applicants to pick up their cards.
Mr Bashir also advised applicants not to pay any money to any official during registration, adding that officers who demand money should be reported to the police for prosecution.
He added that the NIA would soon start the registration of children between the ages of 0-14 years and applicants who could not register as well as conduct card replacement.
- Music Review: M.anifest pays homage to 50 years of hip-hop with freestyle
- Kwahu-Nkwatia Nkosuohene receives peace ambassador award
- Ghana’s wake-up call to the 2023 SDG Summit: The urgent need to double-up efforts for Agenda 2030
- National anthem fills the air as police blocks #OccupyJulorbiHouse protestors again
- We truly voted for a dictator – Efia Odo on #OccupyJulorBiHouse arrests
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Celebrities should stop being cowards and show up – Efia Odo
- Why Kenya’s Eliud Kipchoge chose the Berlin Marathon to prepare for the Paris Olympics
- Vodafone Director calls on SMEs to seize opportunities at upcoming Business Runway event
- FIFA and United Nations Industrial Development Organization meet to discuss collaboration opportunities
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision