A free-for-all fight among members of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Suhum constituency has left two persons injured.
The party’s Lower West Akyem Communications Officer, Bernard Kwesi Amoani, was allegedly slashed with a cutlass on his forehead by the driver of the Suhum MP.
Another victim, Alexander Odei, sustained injuries on his lips during the chaos which ensued on Saturday, August 28.
According to an eyewitness, the violent attacks happened at the funeral grounds of the late father of one of the party’s communicators known as Opare.
It was between supporters of the Member of Parliament, Kwadwo Asante, and a Presidential staffer, Frank Asiedu Bekoe, popularly known as Protozoa.
The followers of Mr Asante allegedly made slanderous statements against Protozoa, who is seeking to contest the MP in the party’s next primaries.
One of the followers of the presidential staffer, popularly known as Big Deal, allegedly took a microphone at the funeral grounds to announce and place on record that they have been prevented from greeting the MP.
Infuriated by the turn of events, the supporters of the MP allegedly unleashed attacks on him, leading to the fisticuffs.
The driver of the MP, whose name was given as Jamalo, allegedly inflicted a deep machete wound on the head of the communications officer.
The victim was admitted to the Suhum Government Hospital, where he was treated and discharged.
The Suhum district Police command has since launched investigations into the case.
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback