A free-for-all fight among members of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) in the Suhum constituency has left two persons injured.
The party’s Lower West Akyem Communications Officer, Bernard Kwesi Amoani, was allegedly slashed with a cutlass on his forehead by the driver of the Suhum MP.
Another victim, Alexander Odei, sustained injuries on his lips during the chaos which ensued on Saturday, August 28.
According to an eyewitness, the violent attacks happened at the funeral grounds of the late father of one of the party’s communicators known as Opare.
It was between supporters of the Member of Parliament, Kwadwo Asante, and a Presidential staffer, Frank Asiedu Bekoe, popularly known as Protozoa.
The followers of Mr Asante allegedly made slanderous statements against Protozoa, who is seeking to contest the MP in the party’s next primaries.
One of the followers of the presidential staffer, popularly known as Big Deal, allegedly took a microphone at the funeral grounds to announce and place on record that they have been prevented from greeting the MP.
Infuriated by the turn of events, the supporters of the MP allegedly unleashed attacks on him, leading to the fisticuffs.
The driver of the MP, whose name was given as Jamalo, allegedly inflicted a deep machete wound on the head of the communications officer.
The victim was admitted to the Suhum Government Hospital, where he was treated and discharged.
The Suhum district Police command has since launched investigations into the case.
- GRA locks up popular event center ‘Underbridge’
- British officials release date for King Charles III’s coronation
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘I have given up on dating; guys do not take me seriously’ – Comedienne Jacinta
- Black Sherif’s ‘Oh Paradise’ about late girlfriend gets fans emotional
- NSMQ 2022: Competing schools arrive on KNUST campus ahead of prelims
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- One dead in Tetegu floods
- Black Sherif didn’t lose BET, his nomination is a win – Reggie Rockstone
- Posterity will judge Akufo-Addo, other leaders meanly if galamsey fight is not won – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Rotaract Club of Ho supports Akrofu Xeviofe pupils with educational materials
- Members of pro-Alan group accuse Bawumia of campaigning contrary to National Council directive
- In pictures: Illegal mining activities in the Bosome Freho District
- BoG’s timing of policy rate adjustment was wrong – Economist
- Paa Kwesi Schandorf: An open letter to Dr. Bawumia on the occasion of his 59th birthday
- Bawumia dances to ‘Buga’ song to mark 59th birthday
- Ellembelle District receives school infrastructure project from Eni Ghana and Partners
- Coachella files copyright infringement lawsuit against Afrochella
- We failed to deal with local triggers of inflation before Russia-Ukraine war – Prof. Bokpin
- Ghana Music Awards UK comes off on October 29
- Samira Bawumia celebrates husband on 59th birthday
- Laboratory scientists call for establishment of public health emergency preparedness fund
- It cost ₵200k to produce ‘Run For Your Wife’ play – George Quaye
- Halt PPP arrangement for a laboratory facility – Medical Laboratory Professionals tell government
- Nima Dreams: A documentary about how lack of infrastructure is affecting talent growth