The campaign manager for the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Peter Mac Manu is reported to be at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital after he tested positive for the novel coronavirus disease.
Also on admission to the Unit is the Deputy Trade Minister, Carlos Ahenkorah.
There are reports that two other Deputy Ministers who have tested positive for the virus are at the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) receiving treatment.
The country suffered another loss after reports of the passing of the former General Secretary of the NPP, Kwadwo Owusu Afriyie, popularly referred to as Sir John.
The Forestry Commission boss died on Wednesday at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital after testing positive for Covid-19.
Sources say he was admitted last Thursday and he was moved to the ICU when he started experiencing breathing difficulties.
He was subsequently placed on a ventilator.
Not long ago, the Sekondi-Takoradi Mayor, Anthony K.K. Sam died after his personal driver tested positive for Covid-19. The MCE died while receiving treatment at UGMC.
Another government official, Dr Lydia Dsane-Selby, the CEO of the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) has also tested positive for Covid-19.
She went into self-isolation after she got to know her status.
The Health Minister has recuperated after testing positive for the coronavirus disease.
On June 24, the Regional Reorganisation Minister, Daniel Kweku Botwe and Education Minister, Dr Mathew Opoku Prempeh were also admitted to UGMC.
It is not clear whether the two have tested positive for Covid-19, they were reported to be admitted to a place called the ‘Red zone’ where only Covid-19 positive are kept.
The two public officers later confirmed in separate press releases that they had Covid-19 like symptoms so they self-isolated at the health facility.
Although Joy News sources could not tell whether they have tested positive they reiterated that the two gentlemen are on admission where only persons with full Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) can go.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant