The maiden edition of the 2021 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) Volta/Oti Zonal finale contest takes place at the GNAT Hall in Ho, today.
Contestants of Keta SHTS, Sonrise and Sogakope SHS will face off today, Saturday May 29, to decide who earns the bragging rights as NSMQ Volta and Oti Champions.
All three schools, in contests prior to the regional finale, demonstrated great wits to show they have what it takes to bring this year’s NSMQ national trophy to the Volta/Oti Regions for the first time after 28 years of its inception.
Sonrise SHS with 33 points, managed to secure a slot in the regional finale by eliminating its contenders; OLA SHS, Ho and Awudome SHS from the race.
Indeed, in proving that it is the shining star of the Volta Region, Keta SHTS made its way to the finale by beating Sogakope SHS and Dzodze-Penyi SHS with 51 points.
Although contestants of Sogakope SHS were subdued, by virtue of being the top-runner up, they got a slot in the final contest.
Will the shining star, Keta SHTS maintain dominance? Can Sonrise SHS indeed rise to the occasion or will today see Sogakope SHS rise from the ashes like the Phoenix?
- NPP MP files urgent question over cost of Mahama’s chartered flights from 2013 to 2016
- ‘That is nonsense’ – Tsatsu Tsikata on burning of excavators
- Chilling details of how suspects killed 12-year-old boy in Nornyikpo for rituals
- Housemistress allegedly injures student through caning
- GPGC judgment debt: I’ve nothing to hide – Kwabena Donkor to Godfred Dame
- Euro 2020: Joy Prime and Adom TV confirm live schedule
- 9 arrested for causing nuisance to motorists at traffic intersections
- Appointment of Receiver of defunct uniBank breach of SDI Act – Court rules
- Police gun down notorious robber who tried to escape from custody
- $170m Judgment Debt: How Parliament’s Committee warned termination of GPGC deal will attract sanctions
Ghana has infrastructure to fully go cashless – GhIPSS boss
Message from the Morning Man: Why do you do it?
Nitiwul dismisses reports of ‘protocol’ enlistments into Ghana Armed Forces
Kofi Nsiah Bonsu: H Kwasi Prempeh was totally wrong; there was no default judgment
Kumasi floods destroy wares at Kejetia market
Farms, water sources destroyed by illegal sand winning at Odumakyi in Ashanti Region
Amnesty International opposes attempts to pass law criminalising LGBTQ+
Third batch of tourists arrive for Beyond The Return initiative
Government erred in judgment to terminate GPGC Power Purchase Agreement – Energy & Associates Ghana
Court sentences herdsman to 4 years in prison, 3 others on the run for kidnapping
2021 Population and Housing Census: What to expect during enumeration
Don’t demand money to avail yourself for 2021 census – Statistical Service in Northern Region urges residents
GPGC judgment debt: A-G’s decision for CID probe doesn’t intimidate me – Kwabena Donkor
All frontline health workers have been paid their allowances – GHS
Kennedy Kankam did no wrong – Ashanti Regional Minister