Hopes of becoming 2021 National Science and Maths Quiz (NSMQ) Champions was cut short for Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ SHS contestants on Thursday after T.I. AMASS, Kumasi, with a two-point margin, kicked them out.
Speaking to JoyNews’ Manuel Koranteng after a well-fought contest, the losing contestants said they put in their best; however, it was not enough to see them carry the day.
They pledged to come back well equipped to give their contenders, particularly T.I. AMASS, Kumasi a run for its money in next year’s contest.
“We came with very high expectations that we were going to qualify but we tried. We tried so hard but God knows why he did this to us. So I just want to tell you that our girls were very good.
“Our girls are good and there will be a comeback. There is surely going to be a comeback and we will do well.”
Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ SHS got to a great start in its contest against T.I. AMASS, Kumasi, Agona SHTS and Uthmaniya SHS.
The narrative, however, changed after T.I. AMASS, Kumasi took charge from Round Two to Round Four with the all-girls school following closely.
Ashanti Region – End of Contest:— NSMQ Ghana (@NSMQGhana) May 27, 2021
T. I. AMASS, Kumasi: 45pts
Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ SHS: 43pts
Agona SHTS: 27pts
Uthmaniya SHS: 17pts
Real AMASS, the girls really showed you some “pepper” though! Congratulations on winning your contest!#NSMQ2021 #RegionalQualifiers #Primetime pic.twitter.com/WRobQyiN7A
Grabbing the final riddle of the day, T.I. AMASS, with 45 points, secured its slot in the National Championship to commence in October.
- NPP MP files urgent question over cost of Mahama’s chartered flights from 2013 to 2016
- ‘That is nonsense’ – Tsatsu Tsikata on burning of excavators
- Chilling details of how suspects killed 12-year-old boy in Nornyikpo for rituals
- Housemistress allegedly injures student through caning
- GPGC judgment debt: I’ve nothing to hide – Kwabena Donkor to Godfred Dame
- Euro 2020: Joy Prime and Adom TV confirm live schedule
- 9 arrested for causing nuisance to motorists at traffic intersections
- Appointment of Receiver of defunct uniBank breach of SDI Act – Court rules
- Police gun down notorious robber who tried to escape from custody
- $170m Judgment Debt: How Parliament’s Committee warned termination of GPGC deal will attract sanctions
Poly Creative Studio unveils signee, promises prospects for footballers in Volta Region
Ghana Navy positioning to combat insecurity within Gulf of Guinea
Today’s front pages: Friday, June 25, 2021
Expert calls for active community participation to help eradicate malaria
Toddler found dead after being swept away by flood at Sawaba in Kumasi
Ghana has infrastructure to fully go cashless – GhIPSS boss
Message from the Morning Man: Why do you do it?
Nitiwul dismisses reports of ‘protocol’ enlistments into Ghana Armed Forces
Kofi Nsiah Bonsu: H Kwasi Prempeh was totally wrong; there was no default judgment
Kumasi floods destroy wares at Kejetia market
Farms, water sources destroyed by illegal sand winning at Odumakyi in Ashanti Region
Amnesty International opposes attempts to pass law criminalising LGBTQ+
Third batch of tourists arrive for Beyond The Return initiative
Government erred in judgment to terminate GPGC Power Purchase Agreement – Energy & Associates Ghana
Court sentences herdsman to 4 years in prison, 3 others on the run for kidnapping