Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of Tourism, Arts and Culture, in collaboration with the Ghana Tourism Authority (GTA) and the Kwahu Traditional Authority is scheduled to commission the upgraded Odweanoma Paragliding Site on Monday, September 21.
A release issued to the Ghana News Agency said the site had been upgraded to further improve the facility into a model event ground capable of supporting all year round recreational activities.
“It includes the construction of a new entrance post, fencing of the event ground, paving of the entire event area, construction of an enclosed VIP catering area, resurfacing of viewing partition and installation of additional overhead polytanks,” it said.
The release said busts of the Late Jake Otanka Obetsebi Lamptey, former Minister of Tourism and Modernization of the Capital City, and Ferdinand Ayim will be unveiled as part of the commissioning.
Plaques will also be placed at the site to acknowledge the contributions and support of individuals who have championed the development and growth of the sport in Kwahu, Atibie.
The release said the ‘Yenkohu Kwahu’ Festival, organised in collaboration with the Kwahu Professionals Network, was the second edition since its inception and would be on the theme: “Our Home, Our Strength, Our Heritage”.
The Festival would be held as part of activities to promote domestic tourism and the GTA’s flagship campaign dubbed: “See Ghana, Eat Ghana, Wear Ghana and Feel Ghana.”
Activities lined up include the Akwaaba BBQ at the Mpraeso Social Centre, exploring of historical sites like Aduamaa Palace, Omo Tuo and Fufu party, and health walk.
The Paragliding Festival, which is one of the flagship events on the tourism calendar, is organised twice every year by the Ghana Tourism Authority.
Latest Stories
-
A/R: Unknown assailants desecrate graves at Asante Mampong cemetery
6 minutes -
What is wrong with us: Africans know mining, but do not understand the business and consequences of mining
29 minutes -
Ghana Sports Fund begins grassroots field assessment in Volta North, uncovers talent and infrastructure gaps
31 minutes -
Persons with disabilities are not objects of pity — Volta Social Welfare Director urges mindset shift
42 minutes -
Burkina Faso attack: Desist from sharing gory images of victims – Muntaka
55 minutes -
Political scientist supports NDC dual-role directive, calls for legal backing
1 hour -
GH¢5.7bn haemorrhage: Ghana’s tomato crisis exposed as Chamber of Agribusiness unveils 2030 rescue plan
1 hour -
Fifi Kwetey slams opponents of directive on dual roles as ‘greedy’ and ‘mercenaries’
2 hours -
Analyst condemns victim-shaming in Russian exploitation saga
2 hours -
Ghana’s Blue Economy in 2026: Taking actions now, leveraging blue resources for sustainable growth
2 hours -
I was once a ‘Bob no rank’; Everybody will have their turn — Afenyo to TESCON members
2 hours -
Tony Aidoo urges NDC to focus on policy communication, not personal praise for Mahama
2 hours -
Akuafoɔ Anidasoɔ: A new dawn for Ghana’s farmers
2 hours -
NTC announces eligibility criteria and registration details for 2026 GTLE 1
2 hours -
No public land to be allocated without minister’s prior approval – Armah-Buah announces sweeping reforms to protect state lands
3 hours
