Okyeame Kwame says his attempt to serve a defamation suit to Gyedu Blay Ambolley seem to have hit a roadblock.
Taking to Twitter, Okyeame Kwame said his team, since March, has been wanting to serve the veteran artiste with a writ of summons after making “defamatory” comments about him.
Ambolley, in an interview in February, claimed that Okyeame Kwame along with some other musicians had been given ¢50,000 from government’s GH¢2 million meant for the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) by the then President Bice Osei Kuffour.
The ‘Made in Ghana’ hitmaker had given Ambolley 72 hours to apologise or risk having a defamation suit filed against him.
However, in an interview on 3FM, Ambolley stated that he is not ready to apologise within the 72 hours.
According to him, he knows that something shady went on when MUSIGA was given the money.
In view of that, Ambolley had asked for a week to make his checks and get back to Okyeame Kwame either with an apology or his facts.
But, in a subsequent interview with Joy Prime’s Ibrahim Ben-Bako, he said he does not need to prove the validity of his statements.
Ambolley stated that if these artistes he had accused wanted to prove he was fabricating claims, then the Union should account for what they used the money for.
“Whatever I have said, if it is wrong or right then, when the accountability of the ¢2 million is made we will find out and see where it went,” Ambolley added.
Since then Okyeame Kwame said it has become very tasking to get hold of Ambolley adding “the bailiff couldn’t find him to deliver.”
We have been trying to give this writ to Mr Gyadu-Blay Ambolley since March this year but the bailiff couldn’t find him to deliver. So pls if you know where the legend is, pls tell him the court is looking for Him. He must report within 8 days. This document is legal. Thank You pic.twitter.com/gqfJnalnR1— MADE IN GHANA🇬🇭 (@Okyeamekwame) August 27, 2020
He appealed to the public to help him locate the veteran who is supposed to appear in court in eight days.