One person is reported dead following an armed robbery attack on a group of traders on a bus en route to Bimbilla in the Northern Region.
The robbers on Wednesday attacked the vehicle which was heading towards the Kpasa section of the Oti Bimbilla road, taking away their valuables and some unspecified amount of monies.
Armed robbery cases in Bimbilla in the Nanumba North municipality in the Northern Region have increased recently.
Two separate robbery incidents have occurred in the last two days, resulting in people losing their belongings.
On Monday evening, traders from Damanko to Bimbilla were allegedly robbed on their way home, with all their monies and phones taken away.
Around 2 am on Wednesday, a bus returning from Accra and heading to Bimbilla was attacked on the same stretch of road, with the robbers shooting and killing the driver instantly.
The MCE for Bimbilla, Mr Abdulai Yaqoub, said his outfit is putting in place measures to curb the increasing rate of robberies in the area.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder
- Is Iñaki Williams favourite to win LaLiga African MVP award?
- Woman arrested for enrolling as high school student
- Ukraine declares war on its other enemy, corruption
- Minority leadership reshuffle: Issue too delicate for Mahama to intervene – Lecturer
- Tyre Nichols: Biden urges calm ahead of police beating video release
- Australian Open: Novak Djokovic beats Tommy Paul, Tsitsipas sees off Khachanov