A pastor at Divine Favour Ministry at Asante Bekwai, Kwaku Adinkra, aged 43, has been remanded in Police Custody for allegedly stealing items worth GH¢2,500.00 from his girlfriend, one Ms Sophia Yeboah a hairdresser from Assin Atonsu in the Assin Fosu Municipality of the Central Region.
The Assin Fosu District Court presided over by Mr Abdul Majid Illiasu, charged the accused with stealing, contrary to section 124 (1), of the criminal and other offences Act 29 (60).
He pleaded guilty to the charge and the case has been adjourned to Monday, December 12, 2022, for judgement.
Inspector Benjamin Doe Kuwornu, the prosecutor, said on Tuesday, November 08, 2022, the complainant visited her parents in Kumasi and, while returning, met the accused person in an Assin Fosu-bound vehicle.
The accused proposed love to the complainant and she agreed and the two exchanged contacts.
The accused paid a visit to the complainant’s house and workplace and the two started living as lovers.
During his stay, the accused told the complainant that he had a bad dream concerning where she worked.
He later asked the complainant to buy a spiritual oil for him to perform some rituals so that the complainant could attract more customers to her workplace.
On Saturday, November 26, 2022, while the two were at the complainant’s shop, the accused told his lover that he was going to town.
Unknown to the complainant the accused secretly took one key belonging to her, went home, and stole five pieces of wax print cloths, one piece of Kente cloth, three new towels, one Iphone six plus, one home theatre system, a standing fan, a bag of five kg rice and five sachet spaghetti valued at GH¢2,500.00 and left for Bekwai.
The complainant, upon arrival at home, discovered that the said items had been stolen and when she contacted the accused, the accused confessed to the complainant that he was the one who stole the items.
On Saturday, December 03, 2022, at about 14:00 hours, the accused was spotted in town by a friend of the complainant who informed her, and they lodged a complaint to the Police leading to his arrest.
The Police, during investigation, retrieved the Kente cloth, home theatre system and the iphone six plus from him.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- 32-year-old nurse commits suicide in Kpasera, Savannah Region
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Pardon Suame NDC Youth Organiser for misspeaking – Sammy Gyamfi tells Police
- Nigerian bank workers use ladder to flee protesters
- Safety and security of investment is highest expectation businesses want from government – UKGCC Survey
- Man fined $900 over death of top journalist
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, February 8, 2023
- It will be stinking hypocrisy for police to serve justice by criminalising free speech – Opare Addo
- Ghana’s oil profile under Akufo-Addo unprecedented – Energy Ministry tells Mahama
- LeBron James is NBA all-time scorer
- Shadrach Arloo: Pathologist labels asphyxiation, obstruction of airway by foreign body as cause of death
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes