The Medical Director at the Medicas Hospital, Dr. Yaw Osarfo has dismissed claims that one can collapse while having sex.
According to him, the phenomenon may only be possible if the person has underlying medical conditions.
Although he admits that a person may pass out while having sex, it may be as a result of other factors aside from the act.
Dr. Osarfo believes, “Sex is actually a very healthy aerobic exercise.”
He made these comments in Joy Prime’s Season of Hearts series as part of activities ahead of Valentine’s Day.
“Some of my patients have asked me, ‘doctor some people have collapsed during sex, and they are having sex because they are in love, so isn’t love a risky thing?’ Well, I beg to differ. In my experience, those who have these unfortunate adverse effects during a sexual encounter, typically have underlying medical conditions that are not properly controlled, and therefore they tend to experience this sudden collapse,” he said.
Love is a beautiful thing, but people sometimes attribute their bad experiences with sex to it.
This has in turn stopped people from entangling themselves in relationships, as they fear the risk.
But Dr. Osarfo is encouraging individuals to work towards having a healthy relationship, advising also that partners should keep having healthy sex, as it will help keep them away from seeing the doctor.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Livestream: PM Express discusses whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents