On Saturday, April 30, the former captain of the Ghana national team, Asamoah Gyan, launched his first autobiography at the Kempinski Hotel in Accra.
The book titled ‘LeGyandary’ documents his life as a successful footballer and an entrepreneur. It takes readers through the journey of Gyan’s early days and his rise to fame as, arguably one of Ghana’s greatest-ever striker.
Addressing the patrons on his life journey, Asamoah Gyan, who was overcome with emotions teared up while crediting his brother, Baffour Gyan for his success.
“I didn’t expect this level of appreciation. I’m overwhelmed by the love shown,” he said.
“When I started, no one knew who Asamoah Gyan was. I couldn’t have done it without the support of my brother. He’s the one behind my success.”
In attendance at the event were President Akufo-Addo, Chief of Staff Frema Osei Opare, Togolese footballer Emmanuel Adebayo and former Senegalese professional footballer El Hadji Diouf.
Others included; singer Becca, Cina Soul, A Plus, Businessman and Entrepreneur Freedom Jacob Ceaser, Tourism Minister Mohammed Awal, Former Blackstars Players John Paintsil and Laryea Kingston, Italian Ambassador to Ghana H.E Daniela d’Orlandi, Bola Ray, Anthony Baffoe and Stephen Appiah.
See pictures and videos below:
- Asking Domelevo to proceed on leave unconstitutional – Supreme Court
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Supreme Court strikes out law that allowed government to impose restrictions during Covid-19 pandemic
- Prof. Ama Ata Aidoo passes on aged 81
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Abedi Pele watches Jordan Ayew face off with Andre Ayew at Selhurst Park
- Fire burns shops at Madina-Ritz junction again
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- It’s better late than never – Domelevo rejoices over Supreme Court ruling against forced leave
- EC sets June 27 for Assin North by-election
- 2023 AfroSport Summit: LaLiga joins conference for second straight year
- I’m sad presidency is at the forefront of doing unconstitutional things – Domelevo on Supreme Court ruling
- Tighten rules of Public Financial Management Act to cut budget deficit – Terkper
- Adanwomasehene inaugurates 3-unit classroom block for Adanwomase R/C Primary
- Ghana to fully digitize GMet weather observation system
- Climate Change Talks: Loss and Damage Fund and GST take centre stage as AGN strategises for Bonn SB58
- Simon Wilberforce Kwami Tsadidey
- WAFU B Women’s U20 Cup: Ghana seal final spot with comeback win over Burkina Faso
- ATL is official fabric sponsor at Kumasi Fashion Week 2023
- PFAG provides clarity on Yussif Chibsah’s ‘King Faisal player bribe comments’
- CPA Secretary-General meets Leadership of Parliament
- M.anifest joins father to celebrate his grandmother’s 98th birthday
- Market queens lead delegation to pick NPP flagbearer nomination forms for Alan Kyerematen