Members of the secessionist group, Homeland Study Foundation, also known as Western Togoland group on Friday invaded the Aveyime and Mepe police stations in the Volta Region.
The group after attacking some police personnel on duty broke into the armoury before driving off in a police van.
Sources say, the team then attacked the Tongu Divisional Commander and his driver who have since been transferred to Accra for medical treatment.
To press home their demand for independence from Ghana, the group also blocked some major roads on the Accra to Ho stretch.
The development subsequently resulted in a high-risk emergency operation by personnel from the Counter-Terrorism Unit of the Ghana Police Service and other security agencies.
The state’s seurities are currently in the Volta Region to retrieve all weapons and items stolen by the separatist group.
Meanwhile, sources with the security services say 30 members of the Western Togoland group have been arrested.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Uber, Bolt, Yango drivers in Kumasi suspend services over life-threatening incidents
Fairtrade and Cocobod organise 2-day training on standards and sustainability
Vodafone Ghana Foundation marks Mothers’ Day with Porter’s Village Orphanage
Man charged for using Covid loans to buy Ferrari
‘I want to live like a human being’ – A ‘kayayo’s’ wish
Social media users react to arrest of Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah
4 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,519
Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
“Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures” – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday party
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region