On the 6th of March 1957, Ghana gained independence from its British colonial rulers.
The path to emancipation was marked by many struggles, with many nationals laying their lives for the country’s emancipation.
As a result, Ghanaians set aside the 6th of March each year to commemorate its independence and take stock of the country’s progress.
This year’s event is currently underway in the Volta Region at Adaklu; with hundreds of citizens pouring out in the numbers to mark the occasion.
Click to watch the ongoing colourful ceremony:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Let’s keep the bond between Muslims and the Manhyia Palace – Otumfuo
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Deputy Foreign Minister pays tribute to UN Peacekeepers
- MTN named number 1 African brand doing good for people and planet
- 16 feared dead, dozens injured in Gomoa Akyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Ghana confronts major challenges in energy sector, proposes reforms in IMF Programme
- Ghana Immigration Service promotes 4 officers involved in Bawku rescue mission
- Philadelphia Eagles support Imhotep to launch stem water project in Ghana
- Ghana expected to reach moderate risk of debt distress by 2028 – IMF
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- South Africa clears way for Putin’s visit in immunity notice
- Frank Acheampong’s goal and assists inspire Shenzhen FC to comeback win
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer reaches verbal agreement to sign for Augsburg – Report
- About 2.4 million Ghanaians are living with diabetes
- Man prises crocodile’s jaws off his head at Australian resort