The Ghana Private Road Transport Union (GPRTU) on May 7, announced a 20% upward adjustment in transport fares.
This was prior to an earlier announcement by the Union that it hopes to adjust transportation fares upwards by 30% effective Friday, May 13.
With the issue still being debated on social media, the Electricity Company of Ghana wants tariffs to be increased by 148% for 2022 and with 7.6% average adjustments between the periods of 2023 to 2026.
The sharp proposed increment, according to ECG, is due to the gap between the actual cost recovery tariff and PURC-approved tariffs as well as the cost of completed projects.
In a similar fashion, the Ghana Water Company is also proposing an increment in its tariffs to be able to at least recover its costs.
Today on JoyNews’ Newsfile, host, Samson Lardy Anyenini, and his panel discussed how these developments are contributing to the rising cost of living as Ghanaians continue to complain about paying more for transport, food, water and other services.
The panel also touched on plans to list Agyapa Royalties on the Ghana and London bourses amidst widespread opposition.
- Accra floods twice in four days after another downpour
- Photos: Part of Accra-Tema Beach Road caves in after Monday night rains
- Sir John did not declare his assets
- Be circumspect about Sir John’s will; none of us will live to be stones – Former Aide
- ‘Deem Sir John’s alleged land ownership at Achimota Forest, Ramsar Site void’ – Jinapor directs Lands, Forestry Commissions
- Photos: Floods cause severe damage to parts of Accra
- Lands Commission flood: Your land documents are intact – Deputy Lands Minister assures
- 16-year-old girl stabbed to death in a fight over alleged boyfriend
- Man arrested for trying to cut off taxi driver’s genitals
- Ghanaians are oblivious of dangers of terrorism – Dr. Vladimir Antwi-Danso
Oparlor.com announces presence in Ghana with exciting news
Minority in Parliament demands public inquiry into declassification of Achimota Forest
NPP UK Branch elects new executives
There’s no pressure on me to release hit songs — Black Sherif
Premier League approves Chelsea takeover deal by Todd Boehly consortium
Don’t be local champions — Camidoh advises artistes
Memorial lecture to be held in honour of Kojo Bentsi-Enchill Letsa
South Africans in shock over death of ‘Rhythm City’ actor Jamie Bartlett
Patapaa’s marriage to German wife, Liha Miller, reportedly hits rocks
I want to marry urgently — Actress Eucharia Anunobi
Lands Minister, Forestry Commission must appear before Parliament over Achimota Forest controversy – Alhassan Suhuyini
Francis Amuzu reveals why he would play for Belgium ahead of Ghana
OccupyGhana commends Land Minister but demands commission of inquiry into Achimota Forest lands controversy
Landslide scare hits residents around Weija-Kasoa ridge
Special Prosecutor charges failed Juaben MCE nominee with 26 counts of corruption