Members of Parliament will today hold a debate on Government’s budget statement for 2021.
On March 12, caretaker Finance Minister, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu, delivered the statement to Parliament, giving an update on Ghana’s financial state detailing Government’s expenditure in 2020 and its proposed expenditure in the new year.
The statement also included the introduction of new levies in health, petroleum and sanitation, and the upward review of the country’s road tolls.
The debate is expected to last till the end of March.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey
- IMF lied about Covid-19, Ukraine war being cause of Ghana’s economic woes – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo still in campaign mode – Fifi Kwetey
- Reset your priorities – Sammy Gyamfi tells government
- Climate-smart agricultural practices should be linked to household food security – Climate expert
- Accra Visual Arts Week is back
- Let’s generate African data to empower our AI systems – Computer scientist
- Playback: One-on-one with Fifi Kwetey on PM Express
- I won’t let politics destroy our brotherhood – Fred Nuamah on fracas with John Dumelo
- IMF Executive Board approves US$3bn under new Extended Fund Facility arrangement for Sri Lanka
- 10 enthralling reasons to tune into Joy Prime channel
- Abolish Section 27 of CAP 127 which makes Islamic marriages invalid – Dwomoh