The National Democratic Congress (NDC) presented its electoral reforms to the Electoral Commission (EC) suggesting among others, that the appointment of EC Chairpersons should be done with prior approval of Parliament.
Also, the opposition party in its proposal wants the voting period of 7am to 5pm on Election Day to be maintained.
But the Jean Mensah-led Electoral Commission has directed the party to table its proposed electoral reforms before the Interparty Advisory Committee (IPAC) for dialogue.
According to the NDC, it did not submit its proposals for electoral reforms to the Inter-Party Advisory Committee (IPAC) because the Committee is problematic.
Tonight on PM Express, host, Aisha Ibrahim interacted with the party’s General Secretary, Jonhson Asiedu Nketia to discuss the NDC’s next steps in its quest for electoral reforms.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future
Ghacem to construct new factory in Kumasi to boost cement supply