Majority leader, Osei Kyei Mensah Bonsu is calling for a review of ex-gratia payments to Members of Parliament.
The Suame MP is proposing a pensions scheme for MPs instead.
Many current and former MPs including Mr. Mensah Bonsu are demanding the payment of an estimated ₵29 million in ex-gratia arrears dating back to 2005.
The demand has sparked public outrage but the Majority Leader insists they are entitled to the money.
Mr Kyei Mensah Bonsu discussed this issue and others on this evening’s edition of PM Express with Evans Mensah.
- Samson’s Take: Democracy in danger – stop the police now! Pt. II
- Rotary Club leads medical outreach in Abume
- Niger junta’s PM meets EU envoy amid tension
- Rotary Club of Ho raises ₵250,000 to upgrade Kpando Health Center to Polyclinic Status
- CAF Confederation Cup: Dreams FC to play Sierra Leone’s Kallon in Liberia
- Morocco to spend $12bn on earthquake recovery
- Finding middle ground: The Debate on Disbanding Student-led Traditional and Ritual Practices in Ghanaian Universities
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens faced challenges before Rwanda game – Nora Hauptle
- 2024 Women’s AFCONQ: Black Queens beating Rwanda 7-0 satisfying – Nora Hauptle
- Deputy NPA CEO receives 2023 Leadership Excellence Award
- Guinean cycles across six countries for spot at Egypt’s Al-Azhar University
- Venezuela sends 11,000 troops to retake prison
- Poland to stop supplying weapons to Ukraine over grain row
- EC can go to court if it feels frustrated by parliament regarding CI – Andy Appiah-Kubi
- EC doesn’t need a new law to decentralise limited voter registration – Dafeamekpor