The Black Stars of Ghana ended their international window on a winning note as the team secured a 1-0 victory over Nicaragua on Tuesday night.
Abdul Fatawu Issahaku scored the only goal of the game in the 35th minute with a curled effort from inside the penalty area to give Otto Addo’s side the needed win having suffered a 3-0 loss to Brazil four days ago.
With lots of chances in the game, the Black Stars could only take a 1-0 win as they ended their games for this window.
Here is how the players were rated:
Richard Ofori – 5
The Orlando Pirates shot-stopper was not tested throughout the game and was the starting point of Ghana’s build-up from the back.
Alidu Seidu – 5
Seidu played as a makeshift right-back and barely faced many challenges as Ghana had the ball on most occasions. Surging forward, the player adapted well and could have scored in the second half.
Daniel Amartey – 5
Amartey just like the rest of the back four was not involved in too many duels. He also did what was expected of him anytime he had the ball.
Mohammed Salisu – 6
Salisu put no foot wrong defensively and was involved in the final third on a number of occasion but his efforts were far from troubling the goalkeeper.
Gideon Mensah – 6
Returning into the starting line-up, Gideon Mensah put up a good performance in the left-back role and made some decent runs down the left flank. However, the player would need to do better with the ball in the opposition’s half.
Baba Iddrisu – 5
Baba Iiddrisu will have to do better anytime he has the ball at his feat. Against Nicaragua, the defensive midfielder struggled with the ball and was caught off guard on a number of occasions.
Daniel-Kofi Kyereh – 7.5
Kyereh was Ghana’s best player on the pitch against Nicaragua on Tuesday night. The Freiburg star kept the ball and made good recoveries as well moving it in the final third.
Abdul Fatawu Issahaku – 4
Issahaku may have scored in the first half of the game but he did not show more of his abilities after netting what was the game’s winner.
Mohammed Kudus – 6.5
Just like in previous, Kudus had more of the ball and could have set up his teammates on several occasions but ended up achieving the intended results. He was also presented with a lot of opportunities as well.
Osman Bukari – 5
Bukari made some good runs in the game and should have been on target as well. However, some of his decision-making was rushed and not the best.
Inaki Williams – 5
Inaki Williams looked isolated for most parts of the game and make some decent runs which could have seen him have a goal or two. His only shot on target was parried away by the goalkeeper.
Antoine Semenyo – N/A
Ransford Yeboah – N/A
Jordan Ayew – N/A
Andre Ayew – N/A
Daniel Afriyie Barnieh -N/A
- How to check 2022 WASSCE provisional results
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- TaTU, Jowato.com signs MoU to practically train students in research
- NHIS Mion district office inaugurated
- EVIBES USA series: Fritz Oakley talks about life in US, music and concert
- WAEC should prevent exam malpractice instead of punishing culprits – Kofi Asare
- Livestream: Impact of 2023 budget on businesses
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Knowing your HIV status is the best way to prevent it – Ghana AIDS Commission
- Love not the prerequisite for successful marriage – Relationship Advisor
- Yaa-Naa declared NHIS Ambassador
- Edwin Kwasi Amenuvor (Rtd. Librarian)
- Commitment in relationships require time and effort – Experts
- Court of appeal upholds BOG’s appointment of Nii Amanor Dodoo as receiver for Unibank
- WAEC orders over 8,000 ‘indebted’ students to pick WASSCE results from their schools
- Release 52 citizens arrested for alleged roles in secessionist attacks in Volta Region
- Swiss government hopeful of future collaboration with FORIG to combat climate change