The Ghana Police Service say they have restored calm at Enchi in the Western North Region.
This was after a violent chieftaincy dispute resulted in the death of four people and injury to one other person.
The service says security has since been beefed up in the palace, Enchi township and surrounding communities.
An investigation is ongoing with crime scene experts deployed on site.
The police in a statement say reinforcement teams have been dispatched from the national headquarters in Accra and surrounding Police Regions to support the Western North Regional Police Command.
They also urged “the public, in this case, our revered chieftaincy institution which is the embodiment of our customs, traditions and values to use peaceful and due judicial process in resolving differences in order to avoid such needless deaths.”
The police assured of getting “the perpetrators of this violent attack arrested to face justice.”
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Man butchered by unknown assailants at Krofrom in Ashanti Region
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue
- We need to continue pressing for information – Prof Gadzekpo urges public
- Proposals for selecting leaders of NDC Minority Caucus was ignored – Haruna Iddrisu
- Lack of affirmative action cause of lopsided nature of Parliament – Prof. Audrey Sitsofe Gadzekpo
- I can’t wait to get started – Antoine Semenyo after completing Bournemouth move
- Lynx Entertainment signees ‘BDSM’ thrill patrons at Coming Soon EP release party
- #FillGPLCenters: Aziz Haruna is not wise for blaming Hearts management on poor attendance – Sowah Odotei
- Trend of malpractices of BECE candidates since 2018