The Ghana Police Service has commenced investigations into events leading to the death of Half Assini District Commander, Supt. Cyprian Zeno.
The deceased was found dead with a gunshot wound at his residence at about 7 am on Saturday, January 30, 2021.
According to a statement issued by the Western Region Police Command, the deceased was found sitting in a blue chair with a gunshot wound on his forehead, with his pistol beside him on the floor and one spent ammunition under the chair.
It then added, “Although preliminary investigation points to suicide, the investigation is opened to unravel the true circumstances leading to the death of the Officer.”
The statement signed by the regional command’s Head of Public Affairs, DSP Olivia Adiku urged all and sundry to be sensitive and circumspect in their commentary on the matter while investigations continue.
Meanwhile, the remains of the deceased has been transported for preservation at the Effia-Nkwanta Regional Hospital.
The Late SP Zeno was posted to Half Assisi as the District Commander in early 2017.
He is from Nandom in the Upper West Region and died at age 57.
The area was his first place to work as a District Commander.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills