The lifeless body of a police officer with the Eastern Regional SWAT of the Police Service has been found at his residence at Agyeiwaa Lodge in Koforidua.
Sergeant Emmanuel Asiedu’s death was confirmed by Public Relations Officer for the Eastern Regional Command, DSP Ebenezer Tetteh.
Interacting with Accra-based Starr News, the DSP noted that his outfit received word on March 31, about the 44-year-old officer’s unresponsiveness.
According to DSP Ebenezer Tetteh, a team was dispatched to the officer’s abode and upon entry, found Emmanuel Asiedu “lying on his bed unresponsive in a supine position.”
The Seargent had dry foam on his mouth and what is suspected to be vomit all over his face.
According to reports, this is the third time an officer has been found dead in the same residence.
Meanwhile, the remains of the deceased have been deposited at the Eastern Regional Hospital pending an autopsy to identify the cause of his death.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Ghana enters Phase II of nuclear power infrastructure development
- ‘Potholemics’: The economics of potholes
- Gomoa Okyereko accident: Man narrates how his family of 6 survived horrific crash
- JoyNews kickstarts ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- ‘Don’t make things difficult for us’ – Magistrate tells family of woman allegedly murdered by policeman
- CHASS expresses concern about abuse of PTA funds
- Indigenous knowledge vital in preserving biodiversity – Educationist
- 4,000 Amansie West residents now on NHIS
- ‘I’m working hard to get back’ – Tariq Lamptey on latest Black Stars absence
- JoyNews premieres ‘Ghana Potholes Exhibition’
- Keta Port will be your legacy if constructed – KIPC CEO to Akufo-Addo
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Tariq Lamptey Foundation donates football kits and equipment to two schools in Asamankese
- OccupyGhana shocked at government’s new position on Public Officers Act after ignoring its calls
- Beyoncé celebrates Blue Ivy after she takes stage at Renaissance world tour