It was a big day in Parliament as EC Boss, Charlotte Osei appeared before lawmakers to answer questions about some missing money at the Commission.
The EC Chair was summoned following an urgent question filed by Subin MP Eugene Antwi over a discrepancy in the Commission’s 2017 financial statement.
EC boss, Charlotte Osei with one of her deputies, Amadu Sulley
The EC charged ¢10 from journalists for accreditation and ¢5 for replacement of lost voter’s ID cards but these monies were not captured in its statement.
But in her response, the EC boss said it was an oversight.
She explained the accreditation money was handed to the printers while the one generated from the replacement of cards are intact in the Commission’s bank account.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Obuasi mine: Days of encroachment by illegal miners over – Akufo-Addo declares
- Big Wednesday awaits NDC 7: Vetting Committee to release report in 24hrs
- Unresolved kidnappings: Family, IMANI, lawyer doubt police commitment
- Ablakwa pushes for probe as confusion rocks NAM1 court appearance date
- Bawumia advocates inclusive governance in Africa
- 'I have nothing to hide' - Ex- Dep BoG Governor refutes complicity in banking crisis
- Arrest Kennedy Agyapong now! - Minority charge
- Nam1 trip waste of taxpayers’ money – Apaak
- Supreme Court suspends ruling on disputed Woyome-UT bank properties
- Ghana’s development under Akufo-Addo impressive – Madagascar President
- NDC would not abolish the free SHS policy – Mahama
- Ahmed's killing cannot end like others - Rawlings condemns “reckless” Agyapong
- Murdered investigator: No reason to narrow probe to Agyapong – Ken Attafuah
- Akufo-Addo, Mahama congratulate Ya Naa -elect
- Yaa Naa’s funeral ends with prayers for harmony