President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo will start a five-day tour of some of the new regions on Wednesday, April 10, to gain first-hand knowledge of their development challenges, inspect ongoing projects and commission completed ones.
The regions to be toured include Western North, Ahafo and Bono East.
The President would first visit the Western North to inspect construction works for the new Regional Coordinating Council and engage traditional leaders and citizens in durbars and town hall meetings to know their concerns.
Mr. Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, the Information Minister, who announced this at a news briefing in Accra, on Wednesday, said the President expected that the feedback from the tour would provide the impetus for his administration to continue the good works it had started.
Meanwhile, the President is expected to perform a sod-cutting ceremony in Tamale earlier Wednesday for the construction of the Tamale Interchange.
The facility formed part of the two-billion-dollar Sinohydro Bauxite Barter Transaction, which the Government signed with the Sinohydro Corporation Group of China.
The Government has received the first tranche, amounting to $646 million for the construction of roads, interchanges and bridges across the country to improve the movement of people, goods and services.
President Akufo-Addo said since assuming office in 2017, the Government had embarked on an annual nationwide tour to each region to familiarise himself with the progress of work on the various projects.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- President ends tour of new regions
- Let's protect our peace by rejecting vigilantism - Methodist Bishop
- Make U/W 'everlasting stronghold' for NPP - Minister to NPP
- CID boss’ conduct ‘indefensible’ - Kasser-Tee fires
- Free SHS is most people-centered policy in Ghanaian history - Yagaba Chief
- Agalga responds to arms importation controversy; says gov’t being dishonest
- No space for conflicts; end the violence now – Akufo-Addo to ‘Chereponis'
- EIU report: NDC rubbishes 2020 victory prediction for NPP
- NDC issued permit for arms importation 2 days before leaving office - Gov’t reveals
- Nayiri lauds Akufo-Addo’s intervention in roads sector
- Philanthropist to industrialise Mfantseman constituency
- We’ve cleared arrears - Health Minister on trainee allowances
- DCEs abandon terrorism meeting; minister outraged
- Ghanaians angry with NPP, NDC – JOY restrategises for 2020 victory
- EIU predicts 2020 victory for Akufo-Addo