Public resentment is growing in parts of Kumasi against the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) over persistent power outages since the beginning of the year.
Some consumers in parts of the city have experienced power cuts, especially in the evenings, without any form of notice from the power company.
These customers of ECG poured their frustrations when they phoned-in to a discussion on Luv FM to share their sentiments.
However, the Electricity Company of Ghana is attributing the erratic power supply mainly to transmission challenges from the Ghana Grid Company (GRIDCO).
Public Relation Manager of the ECG Ashanti Region, Erasmus Kyere Baidoo explained that he does not know what the exact problem is but is aware that GRIDCo has challenges with transmission.
“We haven’t had a technical meeting, we will have it very soon. But I can tell you that if they take the load off there is nothing that we can do,” Mr Baidoo added.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts
Transgender Cameroonians jailed for 5 years
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies cause of insecurity in the country- Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Worlasi releases song for #FixTheCountry campaign
Senior veep of Zipline Africa lauds Ghana for setting pace in adoption of medical drone technology