Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale believes his colleague Sarkodie should have been a bigger artiste than Wizkid or just as big.
Speaking on Showbiz A-Z, Shatta Wale said that the ‘Pizza and Burger’ rapper failed to take advantage of his relationship with record producer Akon to boost his career.
He said that he has noticed Sarkodie invest so much money into his music and his brand but that has not propelled the rapper’s career as much as he expected to.
This he said is mostly because he is an independent artiste making moves in the industry all by himself with no label to back him like his Nigerian counterpart.
Shatta Wale said he is sometimes hesitant to invest as much as Sarkodie does for his music.
He explained that this is because he has been observing the ‘Highest’ rapper and his “slow progress” is not enough motivation for him and others to do the same.
“Sarkodie is doing it, I am watching him and he is still not making it. He is doing this alone and he is using money to do it,” Shatta Wale said.
But he acknowledged that being an independent artiste is not a walk in the park and thus was grateful to his fans for their patience.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group