Dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale, has been spotted in a viral video kissing his bodyguard, identified as Shatta Kumodji.
The video making rounds on social media shows the ‘Melissa’ hitmaker’s hand on the neck of Shatta Kumodji while kissing him on the lips.
This is after Shatta removed one of the chains on him and placed it around the neck of his bodyguard as a form of welcome.
The musician, born Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jr, has from the beginning of the year been trending due to controversial issues such as calling out actress Jackie Appiah for being “fake”.
Social media users have reacted to the recent controversy stirred up by Shatta Wale. Some seem unperturbed while others say the singer has joined the LGBTQ+ community.
Those in support of his actions cited instances where football players in foreign countries have been seen kissing each other as a sign of love.
Ronaldo,Paul Scholes, Wayne Rooney, Dybala and Gary Neville dem all dey kiss dema fellow man wey e no bi news but Shatta Wale kissed en best friend noorr walaha bi that eeeiiii country Ghana.— SHATTABA ROCKCITY (@SMBattaliions) February 17, 2022
This is the reason why Shatta Wale said Ghana bi village. pic.twitter.com/oo06V43sMf
Judas even kissed Jesus Christ and Shatta wale also did the same boom sarkodie fans are crying !! Mmoa 😂😂😂— KumasiBorga 😇 (@Shatakumasi) February 17, 2022
Opposers have said Shatta Wale should not be seen kissing his fellow gender as that goes against the customs and traditions of Ghanaians.
The police should arrest shatta wale for accepting LBGTQ while Ghanaians don’t support such things. If they don’t arrest him by the close of the day I won’t take laws in Ghana here serious again.— DON BALUCY⚙️ (@webalucy_) February 17, 2022
Shatta Wale fans will support everything. G its Gay to kiss a fellow brother in our society and yall should get people’s displeasure on that Video where Shatta was Kissing the guy. Asem oo— TWO TERTY 👻🇳🇬🇬🇭 (@Aboa_Banku1) February 17, 2022
Meanwhile, some users just expressed shock over the incident. Shatta Wale has also been sighted online kissing his girlfriend. The pair began their public display of affection recently.
Therefore, users suspect that the musician might be bisexual.
But some people really get vim and they’re not shy you let shatta wale kiss you and they recorded it as well😭😭😭— YawStylish✊🏾💪🏾 (@Menstrual_Pains) February 17, 2022
Them say Shatta Wale bi gay 😂😂😂— Big Man (@YUNG_PRIEST98) February 17, 2022
Shatta wale take the mouth he take kiss Elfreda san nso kiss a guy. He be Bi sexual 🤫😂— Mr. Pressdent 🇬🇭 (@Korsogyimi) February 17, 2022
If Sam George sees the video of Shatta Wale kissing his male friend, it’ll be World War III in this country 😂😂— KELEWELE JOINT 🍟 (@ANKAMAGYIMI__) February 16, 2022
In a tweet amidst the concerns, Shatta Wale has claimed that kissing makes his fans happy.
Kissing makes my fans happy 😂🥂— SHATTA WALE (@shattawalegh) February 17, 2022
In October last year, Shatta Wale declared his support for homosexuals and urged that they should be allowed to live freely despite a possible passage of the anti-gay bill into law.
The controversial singer added that he cannot discriminate against homosexuals because most of his fan base are gays and lesbians.
In an interview with Joy Entertainment‘s Noella Kharyne Yalley, Shatta said there should not be any attempt to sit on the freedoms and rights of LGBTQI+ activists.
His comments came at a time when the issue of LGTBQ+ rights in Ghana had heightened.
Parliament since last year has been discussing the Promotion of Proper Human Sexual Rights and Ghanaian Family Values 2021 Bill, also known as the anti-LGBTQI+ Bill which seeks to criminalise the actions of the LGBTQI+ community in Ghana.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Learn from past DFIs in order to avoid repeating mistakes – CBG MD to DBG
- “Next big thing for Ghana” – Asamoah Gyan lauds Ernest Nuamah after Algeria outing
- Kudus is the kind of player fans buy tickets to see – Ajax coach