Somalia’s army chief has survived a suspected suicide car bomb targeting his convoy in Mogadishu.
An attacker detonated a device after the convoy of the army boss fired at him when he tried to get near them.
The attack happened near Gordon military camp on Monday and some pictures of the scene have been shared on Twitter:
UPDATE: Somali's chief military forces Gen. Odawa Yusuf Rageh survived a sucide car bomb targeted his convoy near Tarabunka junction, #Mogadishu #Somalia.— Mohamed Rooble (@WariyeRooble) July 13, 2020
The convoy were escorting the chief left from the ministry of defense compound. pic.twitter.com/1Cf90uRx8X
Army chief Gen Odawa Yusuf was coming from the army headquarters at Ministry of Defence in Mogadishu.
He has escaped unharmed.
No group has said they are behind for the attack yet but the Islamist militant group al-Shabab has previously targeted government officials.
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17
- US Ambassador to Malta pays courtesy call on Ghana’s High Commissioner to Malta, Barbara Benisa
- Authorities must probe Gomoa Okyereko accident to prevent future occurrences – Afenyo-Markin
- My husband thinks I ‘tricked him into marriage’ because I postponed our baby plans to take a 6-figure job
- NDC has rolled out plans to retain Assin North seat – Mustapha Gbande
- Mother-in-law interrupts gender reveal to hug son before he can congratulate his pregnant wife
- AngloGold incident: 52 illegal miners out of underground mine
- Essipong: The Decaying Sports Stadium
- NDC stands a little chance above NPP in Assin North by-election – Dr Asah-Asante
- Ghana enters Phase II of nuclear power infrastructure development
- ‘Potholemics’: The economics of potholes