The Speaker of Parliament, Professor Mike Oquaye, has expressed anger at media houses in the country.
Speaking to the House on Friday, Prof. Oquaye warned media houses to desist from misreporting happenings in the House as the ‘appropriate sanctions’ would be applied should another incident happen.
The Speaker’s anger follows a report in the Herald Newspaper that asserted that the Minister for Communications, Mrs Ursula Owusu-Ekuful was ‘running away’ from accountability on the Kelni GVG contract.
Madam Ursula Owusu-Ekuful was on Wednesday given a 48-hour ultimatum, to appear before the House on Friday and account for how much revenue the country had made since contracting Kelni GVG as well as clear some controversies surrounding the contract.
The ultimatum was after the Minister failed to show up in Parliament on three consecutive times, to respond to a question filed by the Ningo-Prampram Member of Parliament, Samuel Nartey George on the controversial $89 million Kelni GVG deal.
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- 2022/23 betPawa PL: Hearts of Oak back to winning; Samartex beat Kotoku Royals
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, March 30, 2023
- Prioritise three revenue bills to facilitate IMF programme- BoG Governor to parliament
- Anti-LGBT bill: The bill has not ben diluted – Defeamekpor
- Anti-LGBT bill: It promotes hate crime – Partington
- Government dismisses claims of Gh₵2.3 billion debt owed to Green Ghana seed providers
- Ghana’s integrated aluminium industry on course – Lands Minister
- Anti-LGBT: The President must go for what the people want – Most Rev. Gyamfi
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor