The vice president of Spain-based J.Garcia Carrion producers of Don Simon Multifrutas says his outfit has plans to tighten the football relationship between his country and Ghana.
Lucianao Garcia-Carrion Corujo was in Ghana recently for a project and expressed the view that the football trade between Spain and Ghana can be enhanced.
Corujo, who is of the fifth generation of the family business, is looking at organizing a tournament for top-flight sides of the two countries.
''One of the plans in the future is to see how we can link the Spanish football culture and the Ghanaian culture of football because both countries love football,'' he told Joy Sports' Ibrahim Ridwan Asante.
''And both countries are world class in football and if we are able in the future with your help, contacts to organize a tournament between Spanish teams and Ghanaian teams, this will be a win-win situation for everybody.''
Don Simon has ventured into football and in 2015 signed a one-year sponsorship deal with Ghana Premier League side AshantiGold.
From projections, the company wants to do more for football in the country to reach the hearts and minds of their customer base.
Luciano added: ''From our point of view, Don Simon which is the second brand [consumed] drink after Coca-Cola in Spain, Don Simon is linked to health and sports
''For us, it is very important for our brand and for local customers to link football with Don Simon because the important thing for our company is we are a family business- in two years time we will be 130 years
''For a foreign company, we focus on the brand, but more importantly the customers. so for local customers, it's football which is a top priority and we want to be close to football.''
More Sports Headlines
- Ghanaian midfielder Godfred Donsah joins Cercle Brugge on loan
- Turkish company to construct Hearts of Oak’s Pobiman Academy
- Talking points from the Premier League weekend
- Talking points from the La Liga weekend
- Talking points from the Bundesliga weekend
- African Games: Derek Abrefa named Team Ghana captain
- Coutinho joins Bayern on loan from Barcelona
- Balotelli joins hometown club Brescia on free transfer
- Ashley Cole: Ex-Arsenal, Chelsea and England full-back retires
- Chelsea held by Leicester in Lampard's first home match
- Prof Dodoo re-elected as Ghana Athletics Association president for a third term
- Ghanaian John Manyo-Plange named Vice President of Basketball Africa League
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs