Ghana international Thomas Partey was sent off as Atletico Madrid slumped to a 3-1 home defeat to Real Madrid in a feisty Madrid derby at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday.
Partey was dismissed after getting his second yellow card at the end of a disappointing afternoon for Diego Simeone's side.
Casemiro put Real ahead with a volley but Antoine Griezmann equalised after scoring a one-on-one.
Sergio Ramos restored the visitors' lead with a penalty and Bale converted from Luka Modric's pass to ensure the win.
The defeat leaves Atletico Madrid in third place while Real Madrid have moved to second, five points behind Barcelona, who play Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Juventus win eighth successive Serie A title
- Monte Carlo Masters: Fognini stuns Nadal to reach final
- Jeffrey Schlupp's Afcon in doubt after ankle injury
- Tennis: McDan ITF World Tour launched
- Man City hold on against Tottenham to go top
- Monte Carlo Masters: Djokovic loses to Medvedev, Nadal into semi-finals
- #JoyFPL: Last double game week could save season
- Messi already deserves the next Ballon d'Or – Rivaldo
- AFCON 2019: Ghana's squad is 98% decided, says coach Kwesi Appiah
- 'It'll be tough but Liverpool can beat Barca' - Milner
- Ajax get Champions League boost as Eredivisie games postponed
- Superb Lacazette free-kick takes Arsenal into Europa League last four
- Chelsea hold off spirited Slavia Prague to reach Europa League semi-finals
- Monte Carlo Masters: Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal through
- Professional footballers to boycott social media for 24 hours in racism protest