Ghana international Thomas Partey was sent off as Atletico Madrid slumped to a 3-1 home defeat to Real Madrid in a feisty Madrid derby at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday.
Partey was dismissed after getting his second yellow card at the end of a disappointing afternoon for Diego Simeone's side.
Casemiro put Real ahead with a volley but Antoine Griezmann equalised after scoring a one-on-one.
Sergio Ramos restored the visitors' lead with a penalty and Bale converted from Luka Modric's pass to ensure the win.
The defeat leaves Atletico Madrid in third place while Real Madrid have moved to second, five points behind Barcelona, who play Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF CC: Ex-Kotoko star Yusif Chibsah thinks key to qualifying is winning away matches
- Tanko hints at call-ups for Kotoko players for Kenya Clash
- I’m not scared of Tagoe - Richard Commey
- Valverde signs one-year contract extension at Barcelona
- Arsenal lose at BATE as Chelsea, Napoli and Inter win in Europa League
- Man Utd pay Mourinho and his staff £19.6m after sacking
- Barcelona expect Messi to sign another contract
- NBA: Harden matches Chamberlain's 57-year-old scoring record
- Asensio nets late Real winner as Ajax left to rue VAR decision
- Tottenham stun Dortmund with magnificent second-half display
- CAF CC: Kotoko coach CK Akonnor happy after Zesco win
- CAF CC: Kotoko back on track with 2-1 win against Zesco
- Anthony Joshua to defend titles against Jarrel Miller
- Manchester United charged by Uefa after bottles thrown at Di María
- Icardi stripped of Inter Milan captaincy