Bayern Munich will sign defender Benjamin Pavard from fellow German club Stuttgart in July.
The 22-year-old France international will sign a five-year deal with the Bundesliga champions.
"We're delighted and proud to be able to secure the services of a player like him," said Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic.
Pavard helped his country win the 2018 World Cup in Russia and scored the goal of the tournament, against Argentina.
He made the #JoyWorldCup Team of the Tournament
Bayern are in Doha at a winter training camp during a winter break and return to action on 18 January at Hoffenheim.
They are second in the Bundesliga, six points behind leaders Borussia Dortmund, and face Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Pogba: I’m thinking of a new challenge
- Fury stops Schwarz in second round of heavyweight fight
- Hearts v Kotoko tactics: How Phobians can beat marginally superior Porcupines
- Colombia beat Messi's Argentina at Copa America
- Ukraine win Under-20 World Cup with final win over South Korea
- 2019 AFCON: Sadio Mane suspended for Senegal's opening match
- 'I wish team well in Egypt' – Majeed Waris backs Ghana despite omission
- 2019 AFCON: Ghana end pre-tourney prep with goalless South Africa draw
- Ghana set for World Minigolf Cup in Sweden
- Argentina impressed by Messi's desire to end trophy heartache
- Chelsea would have to pay Derby £4m to secure Lampard as boss
- Multimedia secures radio rights for TOTAL AFCON2019 coverage
- NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors beat Golden State Warriors to win first title
- Chelsea agree deal for Maurizio Sarri to join Juventus
- Women's World Cup: Marta has record to rival Brazil legends Ronaldo and Pele