Bayern Munich will sign defender Benjamin Pavard from fellow German club Stuttgart in July.
The 22-year-old France international will sign a five-year deal with the Bundesliga champions.
"We're delighted and proud to be able to secure the services of a player like him," said Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic.
Pavard helped his country win the 2018 World Cup in Russia and scored the goal of the tournament, against Argentina.
He made the #JoyWorldCup Team of the Tournament
Bayern are in Doha at a winter training camp during a winter break and return to action on 18 January at Hoffenheim.
They are second in the Bundesliga, six points behind leaders Borussia Dortmund, and face Liverpool in the last 16 of the Champions League.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Kofi Amoah to stay in new look Fifa Normalisation Committee, 3 others to leave
- PSG win legal battle with UEFA over FFP investigation
- Opare replaces Yiadom in Black Stars squad to face Kenya
- Xavi says 48-team Qatar World Cup would be too long
- Hudson-Odoi 'shocked' to receive first England call-up
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game
- Keerapa Active to construct ultra-modern football facility in Sogakope