Ghana Football Association presidential aspirant, Nana Yaw Amponsah has led officials of Fitcom, Turkish giant kit manufacturers to sign a four-year kit sponsorship deal with 62 clubs in the country.
Per the contract, the clubs including some Premier League sides, Division One League clubs and all 16 women's league clubs will be provided with a set of home kit, a set of away kit, two sets of training kit, a set of tracksuit, polo shirts and bags at no financial cost.
Chairman for the occasion, Frank Nelson, former Hearts of Oak management member pointed out that his checks on Fitcom indicate that the Turkish-based kit manufacturing company is a company any focused football driven country would like to be associated with.
Nana Amponsah, who is also the CEO of Phar Rangers, mentioned that " l realized branding was an area that needed attention if we want to package our football and make good money like countries like Brazil and others are doing.
"I started with Phar Rangers and proposed to Fitcom why they should come to the Africa market and Ghana in particular. Branding football well makes it attractive and gives you the right kind money in return, that is why clubs outside sell one player for so much. Football is big business, and it starts with the right branding and it the reason Fitcom is here."
General Manager of Fitcom, Demirkaya Tunahan said Nana Amponsah's quest to take Ghana football to another level stirred his outfit to come on board saying, " What we are witnessing today goes beyond just sponsorship, through the instrumentality of Nana Amponsah, plans are in place to establish kit shops across the country in the short term and later build kit manufacturing factories in Ghana."
Ghana League Clubs Association (GHALCA ) chairman Cudjoe Fianoo, who described the signing as monumental commend Nana Amponsah highly for the initiative and expressed the wish that the marriage lasts longer taking into account the benefits the clubs and Ghana in general stand to gain.
A beneficiary club administrator, Alhaji Karim Gruzah (King Faisal) lauded Nana Amponsah and his team for the initiative.
All being equal, the sponsorship is expected to start from the 2019/20 league season.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Messi haunted by Liverpool defeat
- Kanoute's attempt to give Seville its first purpose-built mosque in 700 years
- Kwesi Appiah names Andre Ayew as new Black Stars captain
- Keita set to miss Champions League final but could be ready for Guinea
- PSG boss Al-Khelaifi charged with athletics corruption
- Antonio Conte set to take charge at Inter Milan
- NC Special Cup: Kotoko qualify for semi-finals
- Prof. Wallace writes: The role of Governments in football
- Uganda FA part ways with Paa Kwesi Fabin after two months
- Sarri to discuss Chelsea future after Europa League final
- Fifa drops plans to expand 2022 World Cup to 48 teams
- Ghana's 2019 Afcon squad: Five players snubbed by Kwesi Appiah
- Four times Black Stars players retired, then came back
- AFCON 2019: Gyan named in Black Stars provisional squad
- VAR has been a success in La Liga, say Spanish referees