Ghana Football Association presidential aspirant, Nana Yaw Amponsah has led officials of Fitcom, Turkish giant kit manufacturers to sign a four-year kit sponsorship deal with 62 clubs in the country.
Per the contract, the clubs including some Premier League sides, Division One League clubs and all 16 women's league clubs will be provided with a set of home kit, a set of away kit, two sets of training kit, a set of tracksuit, polo shirts and bags at no financial cost.
Chairman for the occasion, Frank Nelson, former Hearts of Oak management member pointed out that his checks on Fitcom indicate that the Turkish-based kit manufacturing company is a company any focused football driven country would like to be associated with.
Nana Amponsah, who is also the CEO of Phar Rangers, mentioned that " l realized branding was an area that needed attention if we want to package our football and make good money like countries like Brazil and others are doing.
"I started with Phar Rangers and proposed to Fitcom why they should come to the Africa market and Ghana in particular. Branding football well makes it attractive and gives you the right kind money in return, that is why clubs outside sell one player for so much. Football is big business, and it starts with the right branding and it the reason Fitcom is here."
General Manager of Fitcom, Demirkaya Tunahan said Nana Amponsah's quest to take Ghana football to another level stirred his outfit to come on board saying, " What we are witnessing today goes beyond just sponsorship, through the instrumentality of Nana Amponsah, plans are in place to establish kit shops across the country in the short term and later build kit manufacturing factories in Ghana."
Ghana League Clubs Association (GHALCA ) chairman Cudjoe Fianoo, who described the signing as monumental commend Nana Amponsah highly for the initiative and expressed the wish that the marriage lasts longer taking into account the benefits the clubs and Ghana in general stand to gain.
A beneficiary club administrator, Alhaji Karim Gruzah (King Faisal) lauded Nana Amponsah and his team for the initiative.
All being equal, the sponsorship is expected to start from the 2019/20 league season.
More Sports Headlines
- Guardiola: They have to fix VAR
- African Games: Black Satellites win opener against Burundi
- VAR denies Man City again against Spurs
- Kroos piledriver helps Real Madrid win at Celta but Modric sees red
- Mane and Firmino give Liverpol win at Southampton
- Dortmund crush Augsburg to set title marker in season opener
- Lacazette and Aubameyang give Arsenal the edge over sturdy Burnley
- Former Nigeria great Samson Siasia handed life ban by Fifa
- Aduriz, 38, scores stunning goal as Athletic Bilbao beat Barcelona
- Coutinho set for Bayern Munich loan move
- Ghana's Patrick Twumasi joins Turkish club on loan
- Skyy FC owner unhappy with Normalisation Committee's draft statutes
- Andre Ayew focused on Swansea amid transfer rumours
- Liverpool goalie could miss Southampton game after pitch invader injured his ankle
- Hazard out of Madrid season opener with thigh injury