Audio By Carbonatix
The Ministry of Roads and Highways has expressed its heartfelt condolences to the families and loved ones of those who lost their lives in Monday's stone blasting incident in the Central region.
The tragic blasting accident occurred at the Kasoa-Winneba Road Dualization Project site in Budumburam, leading to multiple fatalities and injuries.
In a press statement issued on Tuesday, October 15, the Ministry extended its wishes for a speedy recovery to those injured in the accident, acknowledging the pain and hardship the incident has caused.
The Ministry confirmed that investigations into the cause of the accident are already underway to determine what led to the unfortunate event.
It statement said the Ministry is working closely with the Ghana Police Service and the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) to ascertain the number of casualties and ensure that proper care is provided to the injured.
It further noted that the contractor handling the project had previously completed 21 controlled blasting exercises at the site without incident, in collaboration with NADMO and the Ghana Police Service.
The Roads Ministry assured the public that it will work with all relevant institutions to conduct a thorough investigation and will disclose the findings once available.
Read the full statement below.

Latest Stories
-
Haruna Iddrisu takes a subtle jibe at Asiedu Nketia’s ‘Thank You Tour’
10 minutes -
GSA, PTB donate 50 calibrated weighing scales to Techiman traders on World Metrology Day
44 minutes -
US says temporary visa holders should leave to apply for Green Cards
48 minutes -
Asiedu Nketia pledges stronger welfare support for former NDC executives
55 minutes -
NDC parliamentary leadership reshuffle secured 2024 election victory – Asiedua Nketiah
2 hours -
Agbodza visits Adaklu-Helekpe mudslide victims, warns of more danger around mountain
2 hours -
TTAG urge government’s urgent action on recruitment and postings
2 hours -
World Vision Ghana brings joy to Wa West children with mass birthday celebration
3 hours -
NAIMOS arrest one foreign national and 7 Ghanaians in anti-galamsey operation in Ashanti Region
3 hours -
Health Ministry announces mop-up exercise for validation and posting of health professionals
3 hours -
GoldBod wins community backing for responsible mining support program in Ashanti Region
3 hours -
Xenophobic attack: Why announce evacuation without preparation? – Minority caucus questions gov’t
3 hours -
Government failed Ghanaians in South Africa — Minority slams evacuation delay
3 hours -
Heavy downpour leaves Kaneshie, other parts of Accra flooded
3 hours -
Mahama’s STEM push aims to build curious, creative students – Haruna Iddrisu
3 hours