Social media users have strongly opposed the advertisement of money rituals on media platforms following the gruesome murder of a 10-year-old boy by two suspected teenagers.
The death of Ishmael Mensah in the hands of Felix Nyarko, and Nicholas Kiki has come as a surprise to many and has been the talk of town for the past few days.
The sad incident said to have taken place at Kasoa has left many worried and angry after one of the suspects revealed to the Kasoa Police Command that a spiritualist, whom they had discovered through national television agreed to assist them to become instant billionaires.
The said spiritualist then demanded a human being part and a sum of ¢5,000 to make them rich.
Their confession has triggered a movement on social media, demanding all forms of advertisement of money rituals on TV to be stopped.
Meanwhile, the two suspects have been remanded into police custody and will appear before the Awutu Ofankor District Court on April 20.
Below are some comments from social media on the matter.
#StopMoneyRitualsOnTv— Noble Joseph Jnr (@NobleJosephJnr1) April 6, 2021
This is going to far. The influence the mass media is having on the youth is now been seen clearly. Money rituals advertisement should be stopped with immediate effect😤
What’s been shown on our screens ought to be censored.— Nana Baffour (@Nana_Baffour90) April 6, 2021
These tricksters in disguise shouldn’t be allowed on both mainstream media and social media platforms.
Pastors, priests, mallams and so called lotto gurus don’t deserve to be on screens.#StopMoneyRitualsOnTv pic.twitter.com/JbtNY4szw7
Let’s join hands and fight this course for the sake of our future generations . Youth arise and build your future now !⚓️… A #StopMoneyRitualsOnTv— Dominant🇬🇭🇳🇬⚓️ (@enamtugbefia) April 6, 2021
i Think parents shouldn’t be put in the position to make their work difficult… #StopMoneyRitualsOnTv— Paa Kwesi Plux (@PaaPlux) April 6, 2021
I support #StopMoneyRitualsOnTv 💯. Enough is enough. That activity on our TVs have indirect impact in reducing our productivity.— Habib Looksharp (@HabibLooksharp) April 6, 2021
Is about time we put an end to this. Not all that glitters is gold#StopMoneyRitualsOnTv pic.twitter.com/eMuYxNF1Ps— Bismark Acquah (@Markpossible41) April 6, 2021
Youth arise! to bring an end to the menace of FAKE RITUALS in our media space and society! Too much killings in Ghana is worrying !— ama OWARE (@AmaOwareF) April 6, 2021
Don’t forget to RT !#StopMoneyRitualsOnTv pic.twitter.com/NTxAJu1n8B
#StopMoneyRitualsOnTv— Guyguy TV (@guyguy_tv) April 6, 2021
Dear commission try your best to ban this activities. Our children are going wayward. Listen to the voice of the people
All the media hub promoting encouraging content of ritual money should as a matter of urgency be clamp down. #StopMoneyRitualsOnTv— Such is Life (@sticky2g2) April 6, 2021
#StopMoneyRitualsOnTv we were able to take off midnight adult movies, we should do same for these stupid fools pic.twitter.com/Vv94AyoACR— Bright Ellis (@IamBrightEllis) April 6, 2021
We ought to have done this way back.— Nhyiraba Yiadom (@Ahwene_Pa_Nkasa) April 6, 2021
Today lotto, the next hour tricksters disguised as pastors and priests and spiritualists.
Stop this misinformation and mid-education. #StopMoneyRitualsOnTv pic.twitter.com/LuImdDxDSu
So many educative programs to broadcast— Daniels Makarios (@DanielsMakarios) April 6, 2021
Science , maths and even entrepreneurship programs but they will rather accommodate these mallams , fake prophets and sakawa people on their channels.#StopMoneyRitualsOnTv
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- My wife got to know she was pregnant after robbery attack – Akesse Brempong
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Ambulance case: State abusing its prosecutorial powers – Ato Forson’s lawyers to court
- Kylian Mbappe replaces Hugo Lloris as France national team captain
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars hold first training at Baba Yara Stadium [Photos]
- Alpha Beta Christian College wins 2nd Inter-School Girls Debate Championship
- Today’s front pages: Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- NDC Parliamentary primaries: We’re not protecting any sitting MP – Sammy Gyamfi
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- MFWA to hold national-level forum on misinformation, peace and democratic consolidation today
- MFWA builds capacity of journalists in fact-checking
- We have developed key interventions to safeguard clients pension funds- Enterprise Trustees
- ECG building dockets on those who have stolen power – Samuel Mahama
- Digitalisation to help reduce ECG’s commercial losses – Samuel Mahama
- ECG mass disconnection campaign to be sustained indefinitely – Samuel Mahama
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Former Accra Regional Hospital Medical Director files nomination for Garu
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training