A 30-year-old Tanzanian woman has performed a Caesarean section on herself at her home in a rural part of the south-west of the country, District Medical Officer Dr Hashim Movogogo told the BBC.
Joyce Kilinda cut herself open using a razor blade, he added.
She left the Kirando Village Heath Centre while in labour after feeling neglected by the nurses on duty, the government-owned Daily News newspaper reports.
She had been calling for help for a long time without any response, the paper adds.
Both Ms Kilinda and the baby survived and are being looked after at the health centre, Dr Movogogo said.
This is her eighth baby, but the first one to be delivered by Caesarean.
- ‘Things to buy for Our Day’ – How a pupil’s petition to his mother became a national emergency
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer to answer 9 charges before GLC
- Our Day list: Oswald’s mother explains why her son mentioned Mrs Appiah
- Police arrest suspected criminals in swoop, retrieve weapons in Kumasi
- I will win hands down even against Asiedu Nketia – Assin North NPP parliamentary candidate
- Join ‘100-Cedis-a-month Club’ to build National Cathedral – Finance Minister urges Ghanaians
- National Cathedral to be commissioned on March 6, 2024 – Ken Ofori-Atta
- Our Day list: I have a habit of forgetting, that is why my son wrote a letter – Mother
- Our Day list: Naana Opoku Agyemang pledges iPad Pro to Oswald
- Energy Minister indicts ECG management, past boards, others for sad state of company
We are determined to make mining attractive – Mireku Duker
Our Day List: KiDi performs at Oswald’s school, gifts him a Samsung tablet
National Cathedral to benefit from impounded rosewoods – Jinapor
Our Day list: The power of social media in current dispensation
Brighton cat killer Steve Bouquet jailed for five years
Parliament approves Kissi Agyebeng for Special Prosecutor
Linking child slavery to Cocoa industry a dent in brand image – Solidaridad to West African countries
Ghana’s public debt stands at 77.1 per cent – Finance Minister
Do not give out MoMo details to government – Court to telecom firms
Mrs Appiah gets cake to go with the ‘Big Coke’ on ‘Our Day’
Ecobank’s pre-tax profit surges by 32% to ¢474m for H1-2021
Our Day list: Naana Opoku Agyemang pledges iPad Pro to Oswald
Government will use ‘One Million Job Initiative’ to solve unemployment
Most homosexuals in Ghana are bi-sexual – National AIDS/STI Control Programme Manager
Police impound 89 motorbikes, 4 tricycles at Techiman