A 36-year-old teacher has been found dead in his room at Bechem in the Tano South Municipality in the Ahafo Region.
The lifeless body of Victor Duah, a teacher at Bechem Methodist JHS, was decomposing when the police broke into his room.
The Ahafo Regional Police Command confirmed the incident indicating that preliminary investigation does not suggest any foul play.
According to the police, the teacher’s landlord, Philip Ntim, lodged a compliant on October 5, 2021, that he has not seen his tenant, whose door remains locked, for three days.
The police, together with the complainant, went to the house only to find Duah’s lifeless body lying in a supine position on a mattress in the room when they forced his door open in the presence of other teachers.
The body which was decomposing was clad in black and red shorts with his left arm stiffened in the air and the skin peeling off. Further inspection of the body by the police also revealed his swollen tongue sticking out of his mouth with blood oozing from his nose and mouth.
A bottle of wine, an empty bitters bottle, and a bottle filled with water and a mobile phone were found at the scene.
A source told JoyNews that the deceased, Victor Duah, is an amicable person and the diocesan choirmaster for the Bechem District of the Methodist Church.
He is survived by a wife and two children. Sources say, his wife left home about a month ago to her parent’s residence after losing their third child during delivery.
Meanwhile, the Ahafo Regional Public Relations Officer, ASP Kwami Loh has confirmed that the remains of the deceased has been deposited at the Tepa District Hospital morgue for preservation and autopsy.
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- ‘I’m on the run until this country shows me there are laws’ – Shatta Wale
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- A flimsy excuse should not be given for denial of a visa to MPs – Sam George calls out Netherlands Ambassador
- We’re investigating Shatta Wale’s shooting claims – Police
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face arrested after threatening to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Komenda Sugar Factory: Mahama constructed roof before building foundation – Akufo-Addo
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
Isaac Dogboe set for Christopher Diaz challenge on November 20
Man stabs, cuts off penis of friend for taking his nude pictures
Local media not doing enough to project highlife music – Berima Amo
The Big Talent Show Week 3: Contestants dazzle fans with awesome performances in eviction-free week
Liberian President George Weah rewards taxi driver who returned $50k
Four taxi cab robbers jailed 60 years
Prince Yaw Antwi: Homeownership – To build or to buy, the dilemma of the millennial
Finance Minister must account for ¢1.26bn accrued from Price Stabilisation and Recovery Levy
LGBTQ+ Bill: I see no right in life to use ‘exits as entries’ – Mikki Osei Berko
Blackmail: Fans react as alleged intimate video of Tiwa Savage, lover surfaces
Seaweed smothering beaches along the coast of Western Region
Government will not scrap taxes and levies imposed on petroleum products – Deputy Energy Minister
Cut taxes further on petroleum price build-up – Government told
Why Samini thinks IGP won’t be laughing at Shatta Wale’s expensive joke
Jude Bellingham: The teenager at the forefront of England’s future