The Church of Pentecost, one of the fastest-growing Pentecostal churches in the world, has announced that it now has more than 4.2 million members worldwide.
Membership in Ghana as of the end of December 2022 stood at 3,597,955, representing 85% of the Church’s membership, while the remaining 605,122 members, representing 15%, are in the external branches.
The Church’s membership in Ghana constituted 10.7% of Ghana’s estimated total population of 33,475,870 in 2022.
The Chairman of the Church, Apostle Eric Nyamekye, who revealed this, stressed that as of December 2022, the Church had a presence in 151 nations, including Ghana, representing a 7.7% increase from the previous year.
Apostle Nyamekye announced this during the State-of-the-Church Address, delivered at the 46th Session of the General Council Meetings of the Church at the Pentecost Convention Centre (PCC), Gomoa Fetteh, on Wednesday, May 3, 2023.
The Chairman also reported growth in the church’s youth and children demographics.
The Church dedicated 120,047 children worldwide, and 290,548 members received the baptism of the Holy Spirit. This number includes 152,348 new converts, representing 63.0% of those baptized in water.
Apostle Nyamekye commended the entire members for their individual and collective roles in ensuring the strategic vision’s success (Vision 2023: Possessing the Nations).
He also praised God for His presence and the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the affairs of the Church.
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Celebrities react, advocate for release of arrested protestors
- Mohbad’s body exhumed for autopsy — Police
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Bridget Otoo, other reporters assaulted
- Use of brute force on protesters regrettable – NDC
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: 49 arrested for unlawful assembly – Police
- Angus Cloud’s cause of death revealed nearly 2 months after ‘Euphoria’ star dies at 25
- Inclusion of AU in G20 provides opportunity to push for reforms – Ken Ofori-Atta
- Sophie Turner sues Joe Jonas, demands kids be returned to England after being ‘wrongfully detained’ amid split
- India suspends visas for Canadians as row escalates
- Africa should prioritise intra-regional trade to help ensure food security – AGRA president
- Strive to live up to Nkrumah’s ideals by fostering intra-continental trade – Mahama
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: Arrest of protesters unnecessary, undemocratic – Naana Opoku-Agyemang
- #FixTheCountry calls for release of arrested protestors in #OccupyJulorBiHouse demonstration
- Tanker Owners Union raises concern over influx of over influx Chinese trucks
- Rwandan serial killer who hid bodies in kitchen pleads guilty