The Ghana Police Service says the Accra-Achimota road has been opened to normal traffic flow after an earlier diversion was made due to a gas leakage at Tesano.
A public notice issued on Wednesday, May 25 said “the situation has been normalised.”
A gas leakage at a filling station opposite the National Police Training School (NPTS) at Tesano forced the diversion of traffic from Avenor through the Industrial Area.
Also, traffic was diverted from Apenkwa along the Achimota Highway through the North Industrial Area to help Police personnel manage the situation.
Following the incident, approaching motorists were advised to follow Police directives and adhere to the traffic arrangements.
Officials from the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) and the Police were deployed to the scene.
“We thank all road users on that stretch for their cooperation,” the Police said in their update.
The road has since been opened to normal traffic flow.
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea
- Premier League: Arsenal and Tottenham play out thrilling derby draw
- Playback: The Law discusses how to avoid contempt of court
- D-Black’s TV show, Uncut, hits the screens in November
- Leaked tape scandal: Supt. George Asare invites 3 witnesses to testify against IGP
- Radio Ada journalist on trial over publication of fake news about McDan is dead
- Kwame Dadzie: Our celebrities should stage ‘demo’ on creative arts matters too
- Tigst Assefa smashes world marathon record in Berlin, Eliud Kipchoge achieves record fifth win
- Ebenezer Owusu writes: Things are not the same anymore
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black