Chairman-designate of Tullow Oil plc Phuthuma Nhleko and Chief Executive Officer, Rahul Dhir will pay a two-day working visit to Ghana from the 15th to 16th of December 2021.
In October 2021, Tullow Oil plc announced the appointment of Mr. Phuthuma Nhleko as an independent non-executive Director and Chairman-designate of Tullow Oil Plc to replace Dorothy Thompson, CBE, who announced her decision to step down from the Board in June 2021.
Chief Executive Officer, Rahul Dhir said “this visit by Phuthuma underscores the importance of Ghana to Tullow. The 10-year Ghana Value Maximisation Plan, which started this year, will see Tullow invest $4.4billion in its Ghana assets and deliver over $10 billion to the government of Ghana. Phuthuma will play a key part in overseeing the execution of our strategy in Ghana and elsewhere, a strategy that is underpinned by our commitment to be Net Zero by 2030 and to re-establish ourselves as a leader in Africa.”
During the two-day visit, Phuthuma and Rahul will meet a number of key stakeholders including H.E. the President of Ghana, H.E. the Vice-President of Ghana and the Hon. Minister for Finance. Phuthuma and Rahul will also visit Takoradi and Tullow’s assets offshore.
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil