Turkish authorities in Hatay are racing against time to find victims of the earthquake, as the sporting director of Super Lig side, Hatayspor, remains unaccounted for.
All the players and staff of Hatayspor have been found and are in various degrees of wellness, but for Taner Savut. Until he was pulled out of the rubble, Black Stars midfielder Christian Atsu was one of two who were missing.
However, Atsu was confirmed to have been rescued in the early hours of Tuesday and was taken to the hospital having suffered injuries during his 26 hours under rubble.
“Christian Atsu was removed injured. Our sporting director, Taner Savut, is unfortunately still under the rubble. We are coming towards the end of the most dangerous hours,” the vice president of the Hatayspor, Mustafa Özat said on Tuesday.
Following news that Atsu has been found alive after being pulled from the wreckage, Ghanaians are now relieved with many now wishing the former Black Stars forward a speedy recovery upon being taken to the hospital.
Moroccan international Ayoub El Kaabi, who also plays for Hatayspor, shared a post on Instagram revealing that he and his family are safe.
Despite the two previous earthquakes on Monday, Turkey also suffered yet another incident on Tuesday with a 5.7 magnitude in the eastern part of the country.
More to follow…
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Livestream: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents
- It’s been an insightful experience – Funke Akindele breaks silence after losing elections