Some residents of Kasoa Iron City Municipal Assembly School in the Awutu Senya East Municipality of the Central Region, on Tuesday, locked up the Headteacher, Comfort Hebeku, in her own office.
The residents, who are members of the group ‘Concerned Citizens of Iron City’, claimed the Headteacher is charging unapproved fees.
Leader of the group, Isaac Ato-Aweh, says they will only hand over keys to the Headteacher’s office on the condition that the Ghana Education Service will transfer her from that school.
According to them, the Madam Hobeku is charging between GHâ‚µ250 andGHâ‚µ300 Ghana cedis per child as admission fee while taking GHâ‚µ40 printing fee, Adom News’ correspondent Kofi Adjei reported Tuesday, September 10.
Some of the parents also accused the Chairman of the school’s Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), Bismarck Danso, of allegedly conniving with the headmistress to extort money from them.
Mr. Danso, however, denies the allegations being levelled against him, the reporter added.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA and KFC over debt
- ECG recovers GH¢18.5m out of GH¢46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Slut Boy Billy: a rap prodigy breaking norms, making strides
- Why the Tema Motorway is a death trap
- Peter Obi kicks off legal challenge to Nigeria election result
- Dr Akoto Osei’s death a shock to the whole nation – Speaker
- Gwyneth Paltrow expected to appear in court over ski crash case
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- Davido is back with new album ‘Timeless’, set for March 31
- GALARY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Female farmers less likely to leave crop residues to decompose – KNUST research
- Drivers in Kumasi speed on weekends – Research reveals
- Implement existing laws to protect consumer – CUTS urges regulators
- Ghana’s “investment hub” agenda demands an open-minded tax administration
- Investors in government securities must be protected – Dr Adu Anane tells regulators
- Ayorkor Botchwey cuts sod for construction of Foreign Ministry annex