Voters at the Madina Central Mosque affectionately called Zongo Junction have screamed their disapproval towards their assigned security personnel for handing over ballot boxes to an unregistered vehicle.
The unregistered vehicle is said to have been tasked with the responsibility of carrying the ballot boxes to the Collation Centre.
The voters resisted, turning the incident into a mini standoff with the security personnel.
The voters who claimed they could not trust the security personnel to guarantee the safety of the ballot boxes followed the vehicle with their motorbikes.
Two soldiers stayed behind to ensure peace was maintained.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Former students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ashanti Region: Fire kills eight in first quarter of 2021
Power outages in parts of Accra to last 8 days – ECG, GRIDCO