The authorities in Tanzania on Thursday began rationing water in the commercial capital Dar es Salaam because of a drop in the River Ruvu’s levels.
It is dangerously low, leaving the city with a deficit of nearly 166 million litres of water a day.
People in Dar es Salaam will be without piped water for 24 hours on alternate days until the water levels improve.
Dar es Salaam Regional Commissioner Amos Makalla said the water rationing was a result of a prolonged dry spell.
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Photos: British actor Idris Elba visits Manhyia Palace
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2023
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Ankaful inmates get medical supplies from Tobinco Pharmaceuticals
- Suame traders fume; resist planned demolition of market
- Jesse Morgan recruits Celestine Donkor for inspiring single, Wataban (Wings of God)
- Diaspora Girls’ Senior High School launches 20th anniversary celebration
- Legendary Agya Koo Nimo celebrated by Judahland Empire
- Italian-based Ghanaian on holidays allegedly murdered by neighbour
- All is set for Kwabena Kwabena’s Vitamilk Love Night Concert on Feb. 11
- Ghana Union Vestland, Norway elects new executives
- Playback: Finance Minister updates public on DDEP
- We need to fix the motorway, we don’t care where the money comes from – Fred Smith
- US State Department begins POD in Ghana
- Managing business not gender-sensitive – Women urged
- Benjamin Azamati finishes third behind Noah Lyles in New Balance Indoor Grand prix
- We pray Christian Atsu is found safe, sound – Akufo-Addo
- We are set for 1 District, 1 Doctor initiative – Volta-Oti GMA Chairman